My Apps - organization request

Not a question, more of a request. It would be nice if we could organize our apps. More options than just deployed, co-authored, etc.

I’d really like the ability to create folders to I can organize by area.

Any chance of this in the future?

Status Open
10 15 795
15 Comments
TDhers

Thank you Tammi. This is definitely something we have been considering since we know many of you have tons of apps. Don’t have a timeframe yet, but that is on our radar. Thank you for your suggestion.

Thierry

sloganuga

Bit of a bump on this request. Has there been any progress made on being able to organize apps? As individual app count grows for various business units and clients, this would be extremely useful!

tcanelli

agree 10000000%

GreenFlux
Gold 1
Gold 1

If the My Apps UI is updated, please consider adding options for:

-Table or Card view
-Group apps into folders
-Display the app theme color as the card background
-Global SHOW/HIDE Archived apps button, with individual Archive buttons on each app
-Stared or Favorite apps that sort to the top of the My Apps View

Former Community Member
Not applicable

This is the current item on my to-do list. We’re exploring different ways of solving this problem and are listening to feedback, though I can’t make any promises.

It would be helpful to hear more about people’s use cases. What kinds of groups do you envision setting up?

Lynn
Gold 1
Gold 1

Hi @Steve_Howard
It would be good to be able to put them into nameable folders eg My personal apps, client a apps, clientb apps, test apps, sample apps etc .

tcanelli

@Steve_Howard - I agree with Lynn. Having folders we can name and organize would be ideal.

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

I simply organize them elsewhere. First, I made an app with all the apps. I use the “editor” links, so when I click it, it just opens up the editor for the app… Then I started giving each app a card in Trello, and some apps even had links to their own Trello boards… Pretty cool…

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

But yeah, I agree. Something native would be nice, pretty much anything would be better than what we have… Also some notes, or a developer name… Something having multiple apps for production upgrades is a challenge…

tcanelli

Can you share some screen shots or a sample app

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

Grant_Stead
Silver 5
Silver 5

It’s pretty easy to conceptualize the app you would build to manage your own apps… And, how fun is that, open a webapp i.e. your own appsheet app, sorted sliced laid out exactly how you want… Allow the links to open external… and BAM…

sloganuga

The ability to create folders and locate apps in these folders would be extremely helpful. An example would be to have a folder for each client with their apps saved in the folder.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

HenriqueAguiar
Bronze 3
Bronze 3

Any updates on this request? I'm also having trouble organizing my apps. As suggested it would help a lot if we could create folders or categories for the apps.