My link to a OneDrive spreadsheet is failing after working for ages

I have had an app that has been working for some time.

By way of background, one of the app data sources is a Read Only Excel spreadsheet saved in a OneDrive folder. The spreadsheet is updated daily overnight but the OneDrive link failed so I manually updated it. When I look at the Source, sometimes it’s there and the app works, other times the app comes up with an error message telling me the data isn’t there. At other times it is

This is adding complications when I add fields to another table and try to draw info from the OneDrive housed spreadsheet. E.g. I just entered a new record and received the following message (edited some identifiers) however the data seems to have saved.

Note that the error appears to be duplicated because I tried adding a second copy of the same table. The error appears to be with OneDrive but I don’t know how to make it more reliable

Any suggestions?

Unable to fetch app definition.

Error: Failed to read data ‘xxxxxTimesheets-5800xx:1.000301:qry4OutputToExcel’ because: Error code: invalidRequest

Error message: Path (/LiveFolders/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx) contains invalid leading character.

Inner error code: nameContainsInvalidCharacters

Inner error message:

Stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at Nirvana.Data.MicrosoftProvider.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.b__0()

at V2API.Providers.MSGraphUtilities.ExecuteWithRetry(Action operation, String accessToken, Exception& fatalException, Int32 userId, Int32 maxRetryCount, String debugInfo)

Debug information:

Method: ReadFileContent

File path: xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx

Request Url: https://graph.microsoft.com:443/v1.0/me/drive/root:/xxxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx:/content

User Id: 5800xx

Client Request Id: xx217297-1087-49a0-a5fd-50247f91501a

:App Id: xxbf1aa-fb9a-4cf1-af2f-f0182dddac3b

Error: Failed to read data ‘xxxxxTimesheets-xx0073:1.000301:qry4OutputToExcel 2’ because: Error code: invalidRequest

Error message: Path (/LiveFolders/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx) contains invalid leading character.

Inner error code: nameContainsInvalidCharacters

Inner error message:

Stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at Nirvana.Data.MicrosoftProvider.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.b__0()

at V2API.Providers.MSGraphUtilities.ExecuteWithRetry(Action operation, String accessToken, Exception& fatalException, Int32 userId, Int32 maxRetryCount, String debugInfo)

Debug information:

Method: ReadFileContent

File path: xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx

Request Url: https://graph.microsoft.com:443/v1.0/me/drive/root:/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx:/content

User Id: xx0073

Client Request Id: xx73b60f-26b9-4c27-a04c-113de22921ab

:App Id: xx0bf1aa-fb9a-4cf1-af2f-f0182dddac3b

Hi, do you have a space with any of your subfolder names?

1 Like

Numerous app creators have reported similar problems to support@appsheet.com. I encourage you to do the same if you haven’t already.

1 Like

Hi Aleksi, not sure I understand your question. If you’re suggesting the naming convention I am using is wrong, nothing has changed and it’s worked well for a long time but yesterday it was only working part time.

Steve, it’s good to know others have had similar problems. I have reported to support and hope it’s fixed reliably.

2 Likes

I think it was more along the lines of looking for commonalities between the affected files, not suggesting you’d done anything wrong.

I think it was more along the lines of looking for commonalities between the affected files, not suggesting you’d done anything wrong.

I didn’t think Aleksi was suggesting I’d done something wrong - and even if he was, doing things wrong is something I am very good at :grinning: :smile:. I just wasn’t sure what Aleksi was suggesting but I was just making the point that I hadn’t changed anything. At any rate, I think the issue either is being. or has been, fixed.

Thanks for taking an interest

1 Like