My link to a OneDrive spreadsheet is failing after working for ages

I have had an app that has been working for some time.

By way of background, one of the app data sources is a Read Only Excel spreadsheet saved in a OneDrive folder. The spreadsheet is updated daily overnight but the OneDrive link failed so I manually updated it. When I look at the Source, sometimes itโ€™s there and the app works, other times the app comes up with an error message telling me the data isnโ€™t there. At other times it is

This is adding complications when I add fields to another table and try to draw info from the OneDrive housed spreadsheet. E.g. I just entered a new record and received the following message (edited some identifiers) however the data seems to have saved.

Note that the error appears to be duplicated because I tried adding a second copy of the same table. The error appears to be with OneDrive but I donโ€™t know how to make it more reliable

Any suggestions?

Unable to fetch app definition.

Error: Failed to read data โ€˜xxxxxTimesheets-5800xx:1.000301:qry4OutputToExcelโ€™ because: Error code: invalidRequest

Error message: Path (/LiveFolders/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx) contains invalid leading character.

Inner error code: nameContainsInvalidCharacters

Inner error message:

Stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at Nirvana.Data.MicrosoftProvider.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.b__0()

at V2API.Providers.MSGraphUtilities.ExecuteWithRetry(Action operation, String accessToken, Exception& fatalException, Int32 userId, Int32 maxRetryCount, String debugInfo)

Debug information:

Method: ReadFileContent

File path: xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx

Request Url: https://graph.microsoft.com:443/v1.0/me/drive/root:/xxxxxxTimeSheet//JobList.xlsx:/content

User Id: 5800xx

Client Request Id: xx217297-1087-49a0-a5fd-50247f91501a

:App Id: xxbf1aa-fb9a-4cf1-af2f-f0182dddac3b

Error: Failed to read data โ€˜xxxxxTimesheets-xx0073:1.000301:qry4OutputToExcel 2โ€™ because: Error code: invalidRequest

Error message: Path (/LiveFolders/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx) contains invalid leading character.

Inner error code: nameContainsInvalidCharacters

Inner error message:

Stack trace: at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification)

at Nirvana.Data.MicrosoftProvider.<>c__DisplayClass18_0`1.b__0()

at V2API.Providers.MSGraphUtilities.ExecuteWithRetry(Action operation, String accessToken, Exception& fatalException, Int32 userId, Int32 maxRetryCount, String debugInfo)

Debug information:

Method: ReadFileContent

File path: xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx

Request Url: https://graph.microsoft.com:443/v1.0/me/drive/root:/xxxxxTimeSheet//JobList(2).xlsx:/content

User Id: xx0073

Client Request Id: xx73b60f-26b9-4c27-a04c-113de22921ab

:App Id: xx0bf1aa-fb9a-4cf1-af2f-f0182dddac3b

Solved Solved
0 5 550
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Numerous app creators have reported similar problems to support@appsheet.com. I encourage you to do the same if you havenโ€™t already.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi, do you have a space with any of your subfolder names?

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Numerous app creators have reported similar problems to support@appsheet.com. I encourage you to do the same if you havenโ€™t already.

Hi Aleksi, not sure I understand your question. If youโ€™re suggesting the naming convention I am using is wrong, nothing has changed and itโ€™s worked well for a long time but yesterday it was only working part time.

Steve, itโ€™s good to know others have had similar problems. I have reported to support and hope itโ€™s fixed reliably.

I think it was more along the lines of looking for commonalities between the affected files, not suggesting youโ€™d done anything wrong.

I think it was more along the lines of looking for commonalities between the affected files, not suggesting youโ€™d done anything wrong.

I didnโ€™t think Aleksi was suggesting Iโ€™d done something wrong - and even if he was, doing things wrong is something I am very good at . I just wasnโ€™t sure what Aleksi was suggesting but I was just making the point that I hadnโ€™t changed anything. At any rate, I think the issue either is being. or has been, fixed.

Thanks for taking an interest

Top Labels in this Space