My pdf attachement didn't generate the child records for REF_ROWS

Hi everyone,

I have created two tables DIPP (Parent) and DIPC (Child). I want to generate table in pdf for the child record after form (DIPP) submitted and send to my email.

The situation is I have successful generated pdf and send to my email but none of the child record generated.

I do the Test and Execute the Run task โ€œSend an emailโ€ for the bot and I successfuly received the email with the pdf attachment that contains all the child record.

Please anyone help me to find what is the problem with my formula or any other possible problems.

This is the formula in my email template:

Date: <<Start: [Related DIPCs]>><<[date]>>

Time: <<[startTime]>> - <<[endTime]>>

Duration: <<[duration]>>

Method: <<[method]>>

Mode: <<[mode]>>

Class: <<[class]>>

<>

The following are the pdf that I captured.
The first screenshot is the pdf that I received after the form submitted and the second screenshot is the pdf received after I do the Test and Execute the Run task โ€œSend an emailโ€ for the bot.

0 5 496
5 REPLIES 5

We need some more info here:
1 = Is it a bot, workflow or report?
2 = How is it triggered
3 = Send a screenshot of the actual template file

Itโ€™s not clear what your doing as I donโ€™t know where โ€œTest and Execute the Run taskโ€ you refer to is.

Based on what you have sent so far I con only suggest these two guesses:
A = Try turning on "Bypass Security Filters?" in the trigger that causes this to run
B = Change the Start condition to <<Start: [Related DIPCs][DIPC Key Column>><<[date]>> as start conditions need to reference the key column

Simon@1minManager.com

1. A bot
  2. When data change (Adds only) in DIPP table, then process the Task, i.e. Send an email with attachment. Here I attached the Attachment Template => Daily Instructional Plan.pdf (22.8 KB)

DIPP table <= Parent
timestamp
changeTimestamp
id <= Key
userId
email
department
unit
courseCode
course
clo
semester
session
week
prepared
preparedRole
checked
checkedRole

DIPC table <= Child
timestamp
changeTimestamp
Id <= Key
DIPPId <= Ref with source table DIPP (Is part of)
userId
courseCode
course
clo
semester
session
week
mode
method
date
startTime
endTime
duration
class
topic
subTopic
learningOutcome
reflection
assessement
attendance
status

I have try A and B suggestions and It doesnโ€™t work.

I am fairly certain you are experiencing a common issue with parent/child relationships and automation. Basicaly, a parent row is saved first then the children. The bot will trigger as soon as the parent is saved (i.e. no children) UNLESS you create a mechanism to wait.

Please refer to my recent response and info in this post below (and there are many others in the community) to work out the resolution:

Thank you so much. Everything seems ok now.

Top Labels in this Space