My Settings for Context Detail View Slideshow...

My Settings for Context Detail View Slideshow mode: Off

I want my users to be able to Approve and deny each record using Display Overlay Action Buttons.

Approve action button (Display overlay) (Green Thumbs Up Icon) When user clicks this i would like to

1. add “approved” to record 2. Filter from current slice view. (i know how to do this, i think) 3. move to next record in the slice

Deny action button (Display overlay) (Red Thumbs Down Icon) When user clicks this i would like to

1. add “Denied” to record 2. Filter from current slice view. (i know how to do this, i think) 3. move to next record in the slice

Is this possible and if so how? Thanks

Iv tried adding actions with no luck.

0 8 399
8 REPLIES 8

The part that won’t work is “move to next record in the slice”. Everything else should work fine.

Can you just try doing this with a Deck view of the slice instead?

@praveen I need every user to manually approve or deny each record with an action

and not be able to skip records without an approve or deny.

Any possible workarounds. Only details view will work. the other views allow users to skip records.

@praveen when the action button is pressed and filtered from slice what happens? wouldnt it show the next record?

Well, I don’t think it will do that. The system always shows what its current state expects it to show. The current state is the specific slice and the specific row identified by its key. When that row is no longer part of the slice, it will default back to the first record in the slice rather than the “next” record. You can try it and see

@praveen ok ill try it. If it reverts to the first unfiltered record in the slice that will be fine. I just need a user to approve or deny then that record will be filtered and removed from slice. Then the next unfiltered record should show

@Jacob_Danniel Almost everything worked quite easily. Notes for others.

Created Approved/Deny field (Yes/No) Filtered Slice View: ISBLANK([Approval Status]) Added approved action button (Set to True) Added denied action button (Set to False) Disabled Slideshow mode in view

Any approve or deny action gets that record filtered in slice and moves to next record automatically.

The only thing i cant figure out is how to change the color of the action buttons. one red one green.

clipular.com

clipular.com

I don’t think we currently let you change the color of the actions. We should though. Will add to our list.

@Sarah_Gould_AppSheet

@praveen ok thanks Praveen.

Top Labels in this Space