My subscription plan is "Secure Plan" I crea...

My subscription plan is “Secure Plan”

I created app with security setting, where 1) Sign In is required (any cloud provider) and 2) Allow all signed-in users.

Then i dont need to put any specific user to the white list.

In such a case, how Appsheet is going to count the number of user to charge?

The app is kinda of semi-public, anyone who has a link can access to the app. But they need to sign in. Again, on this app, no particular user apart from me as app creator is not listed up on the white list.

0 15 565
15 REPLIES 15

tony1

@tsuji_koichi From the pricing page FAQ:

How does AppSheet count app users? We count active users.This means you don’t need to buy licenses for every potential user of your app but rather for the average number of active users on a trailing 30 day basis. If the number of actual users becomes higher than what you planned for, not to worry, we’ll send you an alert and you can update the number of licenses accordingly.

Each signed-in user can use the app on as many as five devices. For example, a user with the email jane@example.com uses an AppSheet app that requires sign-in. When Jane uses the app on her smartphone, desktop, and tablet, it still counts as one user. If the app didn’t require sign-in, then it would count as three distinct ‘guest’ users.

appsheet.com - App Maker Pricing - AppSheet App Maker Pricing - AppSheet appsheet.com

Hi Tony, thanks you very much. yes, i read the same article, but i just want to make sure that we will not be charged on my case where we make app available by anyone

who has link, requiring sign-in, but we dont put anyone on white list.

Based on this article, the appsheet will count “active user”. My case here is not putting anyone on white list, so my understanding is any additional license i will be asked to purchase unless i put anyone from my community to put into white list. My understanding is correct?

I may have some hundred or thousand of user (for the time being, all unknown users) to my app, so just want to avoid any hidden charge before i deploy app.

If this is not possible to control user access, then we have to keep paying to users who just come to our app one off.

I read some articles posted on web once again. One user sign in to the app today, then immediately counted as “active user” for this month. But he never signed in afterward for coming 30 days. For initial and first month billing purpose, this user is counted as active user. But during the second running month, ie 31-60 days period counted from guy initially signed in, he never signed in to the app. So this user turns to be “ inactive user”? For second month?

Same story, he come back to the app on the 3rd month, during 61-90 days after initial signed in, they he turns to be “active user” back again?

tony1

@tsuji_koichi If you want to restrict your app to certain users, you’ll need to explicitly list them all out in your whitelist. There is no way to block users when you have “allow all signed in users”. Please email sales@appsheet.com if you have more questions.

Sure, but we end up, could you give me a guide how to count active users ? I need answer to my previous post at least now.

tony1

@tsuji_koichi The active users for a given month is the number of distinct users who start your app in that month. You can see it under Manage > Monitor > Usage Statistics.

tony1

@tsuji_koichi You’ll only be charged for the number of licenses that you purchase, regardless of how many people use your app.

If the number of active users exceeds the number of licenses, you’ll be given a warning on your account page. If you still don’t increase the licenses to meet the number of users, your app will eventually be blocked.

@tony Hi TONY, sorry I still need clarification. On my particular case, app need to be singed in by any users and accessed by anyone, but those people are not on white list throughout the time the app is available to them, we will not put anyone to white list unless it is required due to particular reasons. So anyone will be put on white list on this app. Again , we don’t need to purchase from those who will access to the app, right? As one of them will be added to white list and not counted active users although they are access to my app by sign in?

tony1

@tsuji_koichi “Active users” is counted from actual app usage, not from the length of your whitelist. Is that what you’re asking? @praveen

Let’s say app is used by 1000 user who sign in one by one (users are not on the white list) but Appsheet is counting the usage who signed in uniquely by reading the credential?

And afterwards, the number of access by those users will be compared with the number of license we purchased so far?

If it is, how Appsheet is deem user, as active users? For instance, one user may visit app basis one off, sign in initially, but he may not never come back. Other user may visit every day. Other user may once a month. Access frequency would varies by user to user, wondering how Appsheet manage those complex?

tony1

@tsuji_koichi If 1,000 people sign in to your app within 30 days, then you’ll need 1,000 licenses. If you’re planning on having a lot of users, I’d recommend sending an email to sales@appsheet.com and someone can help you set up your plan.

tony1

@tsuji_koichi A user is “active” if they start your app at least once. If user A uses your app once per month and user B uses your app 60 times per month, you’ll need two licenses.

Okey, but is there any way and mean that we app creator retain control to permit access to particular user or block access to the app?

Likewise, is there any systematic mechanism within Appsheet to rule out the user who once signed in , but never revisit app after a while? Let say one guy signed in initially. Then never visit to app for 60 days. I mean they are okey to come back to the app 70 days later, but stop to be charged as one of active user for 2nd month as they never visit to our app during 2 month.

Top Labels in this Space