Navigate trough multiple pages with required items in each

I know there has to be a solution for this, but cant seem to figure it out.

I have a form with multiple pages. I need these to be in separate pages and not Sections.

These pages all have multiple items that are required to be filled out by the user.
The user should be able to fill in certain items on certain pages before saving without having to complete all of page 1 before going to page 2, etc.

Right now I cant navigate from 1 page to the next without filling in the required items.

How do I change behaviours so user can freely move around pages and fill in items, and when trying to save, alert the user about items that are missing instead on a page to page basis?

Please tell me this existsโ€ฆ if not it needs to.

0 4 394
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Jonathan_S,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you would like the form in asuch a way that the user moves freely between pages filling in whatever fields he can and finally while saving the entire form, the app alerts the user on filling out the missing mandatory fields.

If so, please explore one of the approaches below.

Generally, in any form there are a few fields that are on the last page that are also mandatory as well as typically filled in last by the user- say signature field. You could make all the mandatory fields in the preceeeding pages conditionally required based on signature field. The signature field itself of course needs to be set as unconditionally required.

So when user tries to save the form after signing, he will be alerted on any mandatory fields that have been not filled in in previous pages. Till such time (filling the signature field) the user can move freely between pages.

Is there any better solutions to this? I donโ€™t have a signature field, Just an enum at the end where the user selects a name from a list of names.

Hi @Jonathan_S,

You may wish to make that enum as an unconditionally required field and make other fields as conditionally required based on that enum if you think userโ€™s behavior is going to be similar for that enum as a signature field.This means the user will select that enum at the end of the form filling process.

I am afraid, I do not have any other solution than this and someone else from community could suggest an alternate approach.

This is perfect,

Thanks,

Top Labels in this Space