Need Admin Approval

Hello,

I have a few users who cannot sign in with Microsoft, comes with an error:
"Appsheet needs permission to access resources in your organisation that only an admin can grant. "

Myself and most other users can sign in without issues, except 4 so far. I checked with our O365 AD admin but hey donโ€™t know why as all users have the same profiles.

Any ideas how to sort it?

Gabriel

0 15 1,783
15 REPLIES 15

Is it possible that these users are using alias email addresses?

Donโ€™t think so, itโ€™s name.surname@company.

Have you solved this issue already? Or do you still need help with this one?

HI Aleksi,

Not sorted yet. There is a chance the problem is caused by our organisation migrating O365 servers. Users who already gave Appsheet permission can still sign in, new users canโ€™t. Will revisit once migration is complete (end of Januaryโ€ฆ)

Thank you,
Gabriel

I still believe the reason is alias email. What youโ€™ll see for example in the โ€œLeft upper menuโ€ is what Office tells us what userโ€™s email address is. So, we donโ€™t actually know what address theyโ€™re trying to log in as, we just send them to a Microsoft login page. Microsoft handles the login and then calls us back with the user id and the email. I would guess that new userโ€™s Office account alias email is updated in a different way.

Hi @Aleksi, @Metworks_IT I am having the same issue any suggestions?

2X_d_dc20aaed884d22835f35c748a37fbeb242802ef5.png

James - are you seeing similar behavior that allows some users who see this screen, when other can log in? Is there a possibility that the domain admin for your O365 account has not approved AppSheet?

Hi Kamila,

None of the users can access. Actually IT Directory has access to the AppSheet APP with out the prompt.

@kamila,

Our IT Manager was looking where to approve AppSheet. We looked at the following link but could not find where to do the approvalโ€ฆAny pointers?
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-app-security/manage-app-permissions

Hi James, unfortunately I am not very familiar with the Microsoft Cloud Security portal but I will try to help. When you go to: https://portal.cloudappsecurity.com/ and choose โ€œInvestigateโ€ tab > โ€œOauth appsโ€, can your IT team see AppSheet listed there? If so, they should be able to approve from that view.

Alternatively, AppSheet might be blocked because of a policy that has been implemented for the organization. Here is how they can audit and edit existing policies that might be affecting AppSheet: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cloud-app-security/app-permission-policy

James, if Kamilaโ€™s suggestions do not work you may also try the following:

The issue could be a policy on your organizations active directory which is requiring admin users to give consent for other domain users, instead of letting users grant the consent themselves.

Your IT must go to your organizations active directory on the azure portal. Here, there will be an enterprise application for AppSheet:

Have your IT team grant admin consent to the AppSheet enterprise application:

2X_b_b72a5492a85920e079e6d1b241ab59f2f58ed1ea.jpeg

If this does not work, then your IT team could try assigning the AppSheet enterprise application to your default user group.

@Jonathon,

We found with your suggestion. Thanks!

Hi James, Just curious. How did you manage to solve this ? we are having the same issues.

thanks, Marco

Hi @MNedermeijer,

Sorry fo r the delay I was checking with our IT Guys. He said, had done it going into Azure Active Directory, for the specific user under Assign Roles. There he set permissions for Admin application, Admin conditional access, Admin Cloud Apps and Admin External Identity Providers .

Hope this helps.

Hi Jonathan,
In the case Appsheet is not registered in Enterprise Applications, can you also guide how to add it. Appsheet is not available in the Azure Active Directory Marketplace.

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space