Need an expression to trigger initial value

So I have a column titled status which has three values which = Line Manager, Director, Approved and Issued. This will be hidden and I need it to automatically be assigned according to answers in certain columns beforehand.

I need it to assign ‘Line Manager’ however,

if column ‘TYPE’ = ‘Other’ AND column ‘Price’ is greater than £2500 then I need it to assign ‘Director’
I also need it to automatically assign ‘Director’ if column ‘TYPE’ = ‘Plant’, ‘PPE’, ‘Sub Contractor’

So, there are a couple of potential results which will assign the Status.

Thanks in advance.

0 6 179
6 REPLIES 6

IFS(
AND(
	[Type]="Other",
	[Price]>2500
),
"Director",
OR(
	[Type]="Plant",
	[Type]="PPE",
	[Type]="Subcontractor",
),
"Director"
)

Thank you.

I am currently getting this error message as the ‘status’ column is an enum.
If I change to a text field this doesn’t pull through.
3X_4_c_4c89d2942cc5e944e169fa1824d9ccf6bce8bae3.png

If its hidden then simply change to a text column

Perfect.

The formula works great, but could I ask something further if possible. The formula works for director but within that same formula, if it doesn’t tick any of those boxes we need the initial value to equal Line manager. How can this be implemented?

Also, We currently have the same system set up for management in a separate app so they can can control the status. Would that still sync across with it being a text field?

You’d do it like this. So you have 2 nested IF’s and therefore a fall back result if nothing matches:

IF(
	AND(
		[Type]="Other",
		[Price]>2500
	),"Director",
IF(
	OR(
		[Type]="Plant",
		[Type]="PPE",
		[Type]="Subcontractor",
	),"Director","Line Manager"
))

Hi again,

The above expression is working great.

IF(
AND(
[Type]=“Other”,
[Price]>2500
),“Director”,
IF(
OR(
[Type]=“Plant”,
[Type]=“PPE”,
[Type]=“Subcontractor”,
),“Director”,“Line Manager”
))

We have added another enum for the final values which this formula could attain.

So, we have the column called ‘Final Status’ separate which we need to be ale to be chosen. When either option 3, option 4 or option 5 is chosen we need that to then move the record into those categories. At the minute the records are remaining in the ‘Line Manager’ and ‘Director’ columns as well as going into the option area.

Hope this makes sense, somehow we need the expression above to be expanded.

Top Labels in this Space