Need help with nested functions

I have multiple options from a field that are then being converted into a number value. I need there to be a sequential order of starting with one cell and executing an if statement. However, if that first one is not true, then it moves on to the next cell which would have multiple options (of the opportunity stage) that will return a number value for the stage of the opportunity.

To simplify:

If yes in the first cell, moves on to the next cell to determine the stage value of the opportunity. If no in the first cell, then the second level of inquiry is disregarded and a stage value is returned.

0 4 112
4 REPLIES 4

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What do you mean by โ€œcellโ€?

What does โ€œmoves on to the next cellโ€ mean?

See also:

I may have figured it out by just marrying up the sequences that would most likely be possible. I started with on expression that worked and then trial/error the functions that I needed to insert to make it work with the next option and then on down the line. Iโ€™m not sure if there is an easier or more concise way of formatting the formulation, but this is what it looks like:

=if(OR(AQ43=โ€œResearch reviewโ€),"-1",if(OR(BA43=โ€œNoโ€),"-99",if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œInitial research providedโ€),โ€œ0โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œIdentity confirmedโ€),โ€œ1โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œTelephone and/or email contact madeโ€),โ€œ2โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œPersonal meeting/presentationโ€),โ€œ3โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œVerbal acknowledgementโ€),โ€œ4โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œExecuted agreementโ€),โ€œ5โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œOn marketโ€),โ€œ6โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œUnder contractโ€),โ€œ7โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œClosedโ€),โ€œ8โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œActive repeat clientโ€),โ€œ9โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œMulti-transaction clientโ€),โ€œ10โ€,if(AND(BA43="",AQ43=โ€œResearch reviewโ€),"-1",if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œInitial research providedโ€),โ€œ0โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œIdentity confirmedโ€),โ€œ1โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œTelephone and/or email contact madeโ€),โ€œ2โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œPersonal meeting/presentationโ€),โ€œ3โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œVerbal acknowledgementโ€),โ€œ4โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œExecuted agreementโ€),โ€œ5โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œOn marketโ€),โ€œ6โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œUnder contractโ€),โ€œ7โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œClosedโ€),โ€œ8โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œActive repeat clientโ€),โ€œ9โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œMulti-transaction clientโ€),โ€œ10โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œYesโ€,AQ43=โ€œResearch reviewโ€),"-1",if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œInitial research providedโ€),โ€œ0โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œIdentity confirmedโ€),โ€œ1โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œTelephone and/or email contact madeโ€),โ€œ2โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œPersonal meeting/presentationโ€),โ€œ3โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œVerbal acknowledgementโ€),โ€œ4โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œExecuted agreementโ€),โ€œ5โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œOn marketโ€),โ€œ6โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œUnder contractโ€),โ€œ7โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œClosedโ€),โ€œ8โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œActive repeat clientโ€),โ€œ9โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œMulti-transaction clientโ€),โ€œ10โ€,if(AND(BA43=โ€œUnknownโ€,AQ43=โ€œResearch reviewโ€),"-1"))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Ah, you need a spreadsheet formula. I donโ€™t help with those.

Yeah, since there is obvious overlap and synergies, I was thinking that someone could easily share the solution. Thanks.

Top Labels in this Space