Need some help with a Table referencing

I am modifying the sample inventory app and added “Item” columns in the “Sales” table to reflect the same in the “Product List” table.

I have used the following and cannot get the referencing to work accordingly:

Virtual Column: "GetItem" (List) = REF_ROWS("Product List", "Barcode")
Wherein the GetItem intends to search through the Product List based on the Barcode column and then go to identify the Item:

Column: "Item" (Text) = [GetItem][Item]
Where the Item is found and assigned to the column.

All help is greatly appreciated.

0 4 179
4 REPLIES 4

The [Product Barcode] column in Sales table is already a Ref to the Product List table. I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish by adding this new column?

This expression would only work if there is a column [Barcode] in the Product List table that holds Key-column values from whichever table you’re running the expression from (which is unclear)

This expression would only work if there is a column [Barcode] in the Product List table that holds Key-column values from whichever table you’re running the expression from (which is unclear)

That is precisely it, the Product List Table has the details I need to replicate to the Sales Table. There is a column [Barcode] in the Product List table, as well as the column for [Item] which already has the value for the item associated with the respective barcode.

In my Sales Table, I am trying to identify using the barcode scanned for Sales and then using that barcode to reference to the Product List Table and retrieving the value for [Item] associated with that barcode.

I figured it out, turns out it wasn’t a referencing problem in regards to the formula for the [Item] column, rather the following REF_ROWS("Product List", "Barcode") was referencing [Barcode] from Product Table to the [Timestamp] Column in the Sales Table because I disabled the key for the [Barcode] Column and enabled for [Timestamp]. Other than that, the solution was simple in setting the formula to REF_ROWS("Product List", "Barcode")[Item]. Thanks for the help

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Top Labels in this Space