Need to add a row to a table from an overlaid action on a table view

I have a table view that I need to capture a confirm that would come from a overlaid action. I can’t seem to use a add a new row to another table from the overlaid action on a table view. Does anyone have a method of doing this? Would also need to be able to group it with a navigate to another view action.

Solved Solved
0 5 155
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The only actions that can be used as overlay buttons on aggregate views are those labeled not a row-level action. I’ve also had luck with App: go to another view within this app.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The only actions that can be used as overlay buttons on aggregate views are those labeled not a row-level action. I’ve also had luck with App: go to another view within this app.

So I’m up a creek with no paddle, and no boat?

Pretty much.

You can use Go to another view in this app as @Steve mentioned, to go to a Form View for the new row you want to add.

Auto-fill all values for the new row, using LINKTOFORM() so it’s ready to save as soon as the form opens.

Then the user will only have one extra click to save the form. And you can trigger your navigation action after the form is saved, using the view’s Behavior>Form Save Action.

That is what I did. I really wanted to avoid that because there is a piece of data that I need from my table view but that wouldn’t have been available from the start even if I could add row to another table from an overlay action. Workarounds for days because I had to change my development methodology to train our new developer with this app

Top Labels in this Space