Need to trigger an action on detail view with only quick edit fields

I have an action that clears the value of a column if another column is set to False. I run it on the Save event on several forms. This same data is editable to the user only in a detail view using Quick Edit.

How can I run the same action, to clear the values from a column, based on the other column being False when using quick edit?

Solved Solved
3 6 447
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The action on save in the form would still be more immediate of a solution. If you set up the workflow to only clear if the columns are currently not blank, then the workflow wonโ€™t fire after the form because the form save action will clear it first. But, yes, you could let the workflow handle it all the time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Bahbus

A workflow? Itโ€™ll take a second to kick in, but it should do it.

Bahbus

Probably trigger on updates on if that column = FALSE and if at least one (if not all) of the columns you need it to clear is not already blank.

Got it. If I have the workflow, do I still need the on save action on the other forms since the workflow will run. No need for the action to run twice.

The action on save in the form would still be more immediate of a solution. If you set up the workflow to only clear if the columns are currently not blank, then the workflow wonโ€™t fire after the form because the form save action will clear it first. But, yes, you could let the workflow handle it all the time.

Itโ€™s not a time sensitive issue. I just need to make sure if data was in the other field, when this column was true, then it needs to be removed.

Thanks for your quick help.

I have in detail View a message shown for the user and a Quick edit Column โ€œYesโ€, โ€œNoโ€ ,and i want to link to another view if the answer is Yes,
so it worked when the user answers in the form, bot the workflow Actually the Bots dose not go to Another view, it dose not give the option to select a action in process what take to a other view, and if i use a action โ€œexecute an action on set of rowsโ€ and Referenced Action , the action link to view what usually it works both in Bots it dose not work,
Do you have any Idea?

Top Labels in this Space