Needed help in creating a delivery order app for my managers

Hi I have created an app where my customers put in their orders.

Now my need is to use this order to create a loading order for my dispatch team to load trucks.

Each truck load consists of multiple orders from multiple customers.

How can I create a data set to achieve this , where I can add multiple orders to one info set and intimate my dispatch team on what needs to be loaded in the truck.

0 7 510
7 REPLIES 7

I would create a table for the Truck Loads maybe named โ€œTruckLoadsโ€ (for lack of creativity) and create a Parent/Child relationship between the TruckLoads table and the Orders table. Add a new TruckLoads record for each truck and add the desired Orders to that TruckLoad record. This will pull in the Order and all of its details.

Here is a tidbit if you havenโ€™t thought of it. When loading a truck, you want the Order that will be delivered LAST to be loaded on the truck FIRST. So, if you know the Stop sequence of each Order, you can apply that # to the orders and sort the load list in that sequence. Makes for more efficient loading!

thanks for thisโ€ฆ but since i am amateur userโ€ฆcan u help me step by step on this process of creating a parent child relationโ€ฆand also i did not get what trucksload record should be added for each truckโ€ฆ

Please handhold and guide me step by step if possible.

Hi @DPM_reports
Have you had a look at the Order Capture sample app?

not yetโ€ฆwill look at it nowโ€ฆ

Ok, so let me backup a bit. There are several ways to handle your request.

I was jumping ahead in data design and suggesting that you have a dedicated table mainly for the purpose of pairing a Truck with a List of Orders.

But your questions make me think that maybe my suggestion doesnโ€™t mesh with your thinking AND honestly, not knowing much about your app design, I am making assumptions about certain things.

How are you currently imagining that users of the app will assign the list of Orders to a truck?

i am thinking likeโ€ฆthe person selects order no for dispatch based on unloading pattern โ€ฆand after selecting order no. the system automatically picks up item name and quantity

Good and Where in the app would โ€œthe person selects order no for dispatch based on unloading patternโ€?

Top Labels in this Space