Nested Start in XLSX template.. struggling with matching start and end tags

I have been breaking my head to get this working and not able to solve it. It will be a great help if somebody can take a look and let me know what I am missing here.

<<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER("RFQ_Responses_Doc", ([RFQ_documentation_ID] = MAXROW("RFQ_Responses_Doc", "_ROWNUMBER", ([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID]))),[RFQ_Supplier_ID])>>

<<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER("RFQ_Responses_Doc", AND(([RFQ_ID].[RFQ_Status] = "creating report"),([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID]), ([RFQ_documentation_ID] = MAXROW("RFQ_Responses_Doc", "_ROWNUMBER", AND(([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_ID=[RFQ_ID]), ([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID])))))),[RFQ_ID])>>

<<[RFQ_Item_ID].[Package_sub Description]>>
<<[RFQ_ID].[RFQ_Item_Qty]>>  <<[RFQ_ID].[RFQ_Item_Unit]>>

<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[CODE]>>	<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[DOCUMENT DESCRIPTION]>>	<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[Remarks]>>	<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[Requirement Source]>>	<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[Supplier_Response]>>	<<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[Supplier_notes]>>
<<End>><<End>>	

Thanks in advance

Solved Solved
0 14 553
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Beyond that simplification of the START, I think youโ€™re trying to get more out of an XLSX template than is possible, actually.

See here:

Particularly:
3X_b_4_b4d83c7bb500d02c46e683f802cd6f9a776a197c.png

START expressions canโ€™t span across multiple rows in an XLSX template I donโ€™t believe. You can do so with a CSV template if you need the ability to quickly load it into a spreadsheet, or you can build a template in a Google Doc to convert to a PDF to get that kind of multi-row table setup.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Please also include a screenshot of the template xlsx file itself.

thanks, I added the screen shot

To start with, this expressions seems to be way too big:

<<Start: 
ORDERBY(
  FILTER(
    โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, 
    ([RFQ_documentation_ID] = MAXROW(
                      โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, 
                      โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€, 
                       ([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID])
                       )
    )
  ,[RFQ_Supplier_ID]
)
>>

MAXROW is going to return the key value of a single record, which means the FILTER expression is also only going to return a single record, which means youโ€™re using ORDERBY on a single record, which doesโ€ฆnothing.
You should be able to get the same thing with just:

<<START:
MAXROW(
  โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€,   
  โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€, 
   ([_THISROW].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID])
)
>>

Or youmaybe need to wrap the MAXROW in a LIST(), not sure off the top of my head without testing it.

Ok just seeing your reply with the screenshot nowโ€ฆ

What table is this workflow running on? Can you provide a screenshot of the workflow definition as well?

Also what exactly is the issue here, is there an error, or is the output just not what you want it to be? What IS the output?

Thanks for looking into it. screen shot for workflow

and for the error I am getting this error when workflow triggers.
โ€œErrorsโ€: โ€œError: Workflow rule โ€˜DownloadandEmailRFQโ€™ action โ€˜Emailโ€™ Attachment template. Found 2 unmatched โ€˜Startโ€™, 2 unmatched โ€˜End. They are: Cell[1,2]: <<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER(โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, ([RFQ_documentation_ID] = MAXROW(โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€, ([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID]))),[RFQ_Supplier_ID])>>โ€™, โ€˜Cell[3,2]: <<Start: ORDERBY(FILTER(โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, AND(([RFQ_ID].[RFQ_Status] = โ€œcreating reportโ€),([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID]), ([RFQ_documentation_ID] = MAXROW(โ€œRFQ_Responses_Docโ€, โ€œ_ROWNUMBERโ€, AND(([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_ID] = [RFQ_ID]), ([_THISROW-1].[RFQ_Supplier_ID] = [RFQ_Supplier_ID])))))),[RFQ_ID])>>โ€™, โ€˜Cell[9,6]: <<[RFQ_Doc_Req_ID].[Supplier_notes]>><>โ€™, 'Cell[11,1]: <>โ€,

the correct screen shot

Expand that โ€œWhen this happensโ€ฆโ€ section of the workflow screenshot, or just tell me which Table this workflow runs on, is it the โ€œRFQ_Responses_docโ€ table?

Ah good question, its running on RFQ table which is the master with Supplier and each Supplier having RFQ_Response_doc table. I will try and make some changes to the template by moving supplier start lower

Ok, so you have some parent-child relation setup somewhere? Can you elaborate on that setup? One of these table has a Ref column, and the other has a virtual column โ€œRelatedโ€ฆโ€.

This is the screen shot of the UX showing the data. I am trying to create a XLS for RFQ with responses received from each supplier.

So it looks like you have a REF_ROWS() virtual column for โ€œSupplier Response Requirementsโ€ ?

You can simply do <<START: [Supplier Response Requirements] >>

Trying it now. thanks !!

Beyond that simplification of the START, I think youโ€™re trying to get more out of an XLSX template than is possible, actually.

See here:

Particularly:
3X_b_4_b4d83c7bb500d02c46e683f802cd6f9a776a197c.png

START expressions canโ€™t span across multiple rows in an XLSX template I donโ€™t believe. You can do so with a CSV template if you need the ability to quickly load it into a spreadsheet, or you can build a template in a Google Doc to convert to a PDF to get that kind of multi-row table setup.

Hi Marc, you are right it worked with PDF but not with XLSX. Thanks

Top Labels in this Space