New Bug Encountered: About Screen randomly opens

Just today, on mobile, the about screen is coming up randomly while inside of forms, every time the side menu is opened, every time I cancel out of a form, etc. Definitely wasnโ€™t happening last night.

3 21 977
21 REPLIES 21

Also opens after every sync, and sometimes gets stuck there, clicking the OK button doesnโ€™t close the about screen.

Rosemary, could you please give us the app name where this problem occurs/occurred. Also could you go to your https://www.appsheet.com/account/account page, go to Settings and enable the option that lets us investigate your app.

Whatever change we made seems to have caused issues for just a couple of customers, so we backed it out this morning. We want to make sure we get to the bottom of the issue so we do not re-introduce the problem. Thanks

Thanks Praveen. Itโ€™s DGSCleaning-1030769

Tiger1
Participant V

All my apps are doing same thing. I have several of my apps on tv screens to show users. I set up an auto refresh in Chrome (extension). It was working fine for months, until today. Now every time it refreshes it goes to the โ€œAboutโ€ screens for all the apps. This is not a good process as now i have to click on โ€œokโ€ every time they updateโ€ฆ

@Tiger, could you please give us the app name and account number where this problem occurs/occurred. Also could you go to your https://www.appsheet.com/account/account page, go to Settings and enable the option that lets us investigate your apps.

Whatever change we made seems to have caused issues for just a couple of customers, so we backed it out this morning. We want to make sure we get to the bottom of the issue so we do not re-introduce the problem. Thanks

Yes - i will send this in an email to appsheet support. I also checked the setting to allow Appsheet to access my apps.

Thanks

Thanks for this info. We will investigate what could be the reason for this behavior.

also please check on the sign in problem, my app doesnt function with HERE(), it says that it requires user sign in!!

@Pinda_App this should be fixed with tomorrowโ€™s deploy. We are putting in a set of protections for data capture from users, and location data capture is one of them. Your ability to use HERE() will continue but your users will see a consent screen the first time they use the app. Sorry for the disruption!

Thank you so much @praveen

Itโ€™s back to working normally now!

TDhers
Participant V

Good. Thank you Rosemary for confirming our change this afternoon worked for you.
Thierry

Thanks Rosemary. The app is currently showing an error because of a column mismatch

lol, refresh

Rosemary, do you mind sending me an email (praveen@appsheet.com) โ€” I see different emails for you in our system and want to make sure I donโ€™t send a response to the wrong address

Seung_Park
Participant I

Hey Praveen, @praveen

Iโ€™m having this issue as well. Howโ€™s the solution coming along? Any updates?

This might be because of old code. Is this on a Android device? Could you please check if it works as expected in a browser? If so, try to kill and restart appsheet.

Hey @praveen,

It works after a fresh reinstall, thanks. When you mean kill and restart, does that requires a reinstallation? I really want to avoid the hassle of doing a fresh reinstall and shortcuts with all the devices.

Kill and restart is less drastic than a reinstall. It is just making sure the app isnโ€™t running at all (not in the background, for example).

Iโ€™ve got this popping up again today, with a bunch of users. Any suggestion for a fix?

Edit: I actually think itโ€™s apps on an older stable version. I think updating the apps to the latest version may fix it.

Zee_W
Participant III

Hello, Iโ€™m also experiencing this when opening the app on mobile. Is there a fix for this? Itโ€™s been happening on all apps (both deployed and prototype) on my account 788851.

Top Labels in this Space