New Bug Encountered:Action Delete Row not behaving correctly

I have 4 actions in an “Execute a sequence of actions” to add child rows when a new player is added which are “Add Strokes Row”, “Add Points Row”, “Delete Total Row”, and “Add Total Row”. The “Delete Total Row” has the following formula “Filter(“A_Flight_Scoring”, AND([Label] = “Total”, [_THISROW].[Team] = [Team], [_THISROW].[Game] = [Game]))” and the action is “Delete Row”. There is only 1 row for each team that contains “Total” in the Label column. However, when “Delete Total Row” action is run it deletes all the rows with the [_THISROW].[Team] = [Team] disregarding the [Label] = “Total”. It also seems intermittent. It appears that if I populate the spreadsheet with more than one player on the same team it seems to work. Each team is to have only one Total at the end of its section in the spreadsheet and needs to be at the bottom of the team section.

Note that, because of an odd quirk in the way AppSheet handles the = operator, this:

[Label] = “Total”

is TRUE if the Label column value is blank (as well as if it matches Total).

Putting the raw value first avoids the quirk:

“Total” = [Label]
3 Likes

That was it!!! Thanks again Steve. Now that you mentioned this quirk I remember references to it before.

Steve

2 Likes

I spoke too soon. It worked when I added more players to a team. But when I deleted all the players it behaved the way I explained in my bug report. Very disturbing and frustrating.

Steve

Theses are subject to the same quirk:

[_THISROW].[Team] = [Team]

[_THISROW].[Game] = [Game]
2 Likes

Ok. So is the correct way the way you stated the expressions in your response?

Unfortunately, no, it’s not that easy. This is the full expression I’d recommend:

Filter(
  “A_Flight_Scoring”,
  AND(
    “Total” = [Label],
    IF(
      ISBLANK([Team]),
      ISBLANK([_THISROW].[Team]),
      [_THISROW].[Team] = [Team]
    ),
    IF(
      ISBLANK([Game]),
      ISBLANK([_THISROW].[Game]),
      [_THISROW].[Game] = [Game]
    )
  )
)
2 Likes

No that doesn’t work either. The thing that bothers me is that I have another Appsheet app that almost an exact copy that works fine.

1 Like

Perhaps best to engage support@appsheet.com at this point, so that someone can look deeper into your app.

Steve,

I found the problem. An unintended workflow was being activated that was interfering in requested actions.

Thanks for your prompt responses,
Steve Rose

1 Like

Yep, that’d be a problem, alright! Glad you found it! :slight_smile:

1 Like