New Bug Encountered:Add row to another table only generates the first record of three

Hello, I’m trying to setup a scenario where users input a single record and upon save the system generates 3 records in another table with the data from that single record.

• I’ve created 3 actions (Add row to another table) that will generate the 3 records
  • I’ve placed the 3 actions into a grouped action
  • Updated the Form’s On Save to the grouped action

When I input the single record, the system generates the 1st record perfectly but not the other two. When it attempts to generate the second record I receive an error advising one of the fields is invalid. All validations are fine so my guess is the system can no longer find the save record data in order to create the 2nd and 3rd record.

In the scenario above, the user can see the newly created record almost immediately with the action. This would be the ideal scenario for them vs. seeing the data later.

Note: When I create a workflow to perform the grouped_action (all 3 records), it works perfectly but user doesn’t see the records immediately as in the direct action of course.

0 6 315
6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Participant V

Please provide screenshots on the three actions’ settings, and a screenshot of the error.

Thanks Steve. Just a note, when I run the actions individually and through the workflow, they are successful. The grouped action is being added to the OnSave behavior of the form.

How are the row keys assigned for the job_assignments table?

Hi Steve, the key field on the job_assignments table is job_assign_id (TEXT/Initial Value = UNIQUEID()/Rqeuired/Editable.

Did I provide the right info here?

Huh. I have no idea what’s going on. Suggest contacting support@appsheet.com.

Yep, in contact with Shawn at AppSheet. Will post any resolutions.

Thanks Steve

Top Labels in this Space