New Bug Encountered: Advance forms automatically not working with Form Saved Action

I’ve enabled “Advance forms automatically”.
In my form the first column is a Barcode Scanner.
I have a LINKTOFORM() Action to open this form.

When I fire the action via a button, the Scanner opens automatically.
When I set the same action to the Form Saved Event, the Scanner does not open automatically.

I’m not able to use “Auto re-open” in the form, because I have to use a condition in the LINKTOFORM() Action to tell AppSheet how often the form should reopen.

Solved Solved
4 16 866
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Advance forms automatically is now working when you use the form saved event action.

@Adam made this possible now for my Account. He wrote: Eventually it will roll out to all accounts but in the meantime I will add your other accounts as well.

So maybe they can add your Accounts as well. @James_McFarlane @OliverDahl @Snoopy

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Guys,

@Steve I am having the same issue. Some times it works and other it does not. I have a similar setup as @Fabian. Any suggestions?

Hi @James_McFarlane Did you find any solution?

Hi @Fabian,

I tried different actions but in the end did not get desired result sent email to support they looked at my app but he said it had to be escalated to the development team. Never got answer, in the end NOPE.

So you didn’t get an answer? Or you did, and it was no?

Me, too. The last response was from @Aleksi on 4th Maj saying:

Thanks Fabian, I will assign this to our developers for debugging.

I’ll see if I can poke someone.

Steve
Participant V

This sounds like a bug. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help.

Adding @Adam @Harry
Till now solution from AppSheet Support.

Seems to be related to this topic:

I did not get an answer.

Here is the answer from @Adam

Auto advance forms was meant to be a small usability optimization to reduce the number of clicks for the end user filling out a form. I don’t think we can guarantee it will always work to enable these complex scenarios involving its intersection with other behaviors. But if we can reproduce the problem easily and there’s an obvious solution, we can try to address it.

Snoopy
Participant II

I have a similar problem right now. I want to capture a number of records until a certain condition is met.

Would it not just be possible to replace the current auto re-open toggle switch option in a form view by a conditional expression ?

Here is a workaround:

Thanks for the tip, Fabian. Problem solved …

OliverDahl
Participant IV

Hi!
I am just wondering if it is any updates on the “advanced forms automatically” feature? Even though it is a “small usability optimization”, we need it to enable some functionallity our customers need. And not being able to know when it will work and when it wont, makes it useless for us. Do you plan to test more secenarios and fix problems? Or should we avoid using it? Maybe the function could be placed under “Preview new features”, since it is not yet “stable”?
It is not working for us when opening a form through an form-saved action. Thanks for helping!
@Adam
Oliver

Advance forms automatically is now working when you use the form saved event action.

@Adam made this possible now for my Account. He wrote: Eventually it will roll out to all accounts but in the meantime I will add your other accounts as well.

So maybe they can add your Accounts as well. @James_McFarlane @OliverDahl @Snoopy

Hmm, I am running into the same problem where the focus is not on the only editable field after a barcode scan.  My event action is Add, are you saying I have to change it?

Scott_Nesbitt_0-1687795991007.png

Thanks

Top Labels in this Space