New Bug Encountered:App doesn't reopen

I have an app that contains approximately 100 pdf separated into 4 tabs, all in table view in the UX, in read-only mode.

The app seems to open as expected on the initial touch.

Sometimes (~ยฝ) of the time, when I open the app & view a pdf, sometimes, the pdf overlays the status bar and there is no way to get out other than to force close (ignore the errorโ€ฆI know why the files isnโ€™t โ€˜gettableโ€™โ€ฆ).

When the app is forced closed and then attempted to be reopened, all that appears is a blank page.
blank page
1X_8eb0493cb7056c638bf32af786705cfcab10addd.jpeg

If a different app is opened, the appsheet splashpage/background appears & then the second/different app opens as expected.
splash page
1X_3a2c2a3783621752656585b3aedf82fd72a12eb1.jpeg

But when attempting to reopen the 1st app, all that shows is a blank screen/page.

blank page
1X_8eb0493cb7056c638bf32af786705cfcab10addd.jpeg

The ONLY way to open the first app is to restart the device.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Solved Solved
1 10 642
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Tim_Martin @Jake_Tunney,
We just released a fix for this problem.
If you create a new shortcut (menu -> add shortcut) it would work.
As for existing shortcuts: if you reboot your device I believe it may fix the existing shortcut (not just for the first launch after reboot).

This problem was caused by an iOS update that broke the way our shortcuts work.
Iโ€™m sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

as an updateโ€ฆ

The issue of the Appsheet splashpage opening (or not) appears to be on the iPhone Xr.

Iโ€™ve had the issue of the blank page occasionally popping up without the requested pdf opening on an iPad (MH2M2LL/A - 64G iPad Air 2, wi-fi + 4G), but have been able to force close both my app & the appsheet app, and have successfully reopened my app, noting the Appsheet splash page each time.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

tony1

Adding @Gil to the thread

Hi @Tim_Martin, sorry for not getting back to you on this.
This may be something related to the pdf cache. Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app from the AppStore?

Iโ€™m having the same issue. Re-installed everything, worked on the first go then back to the same issue. Iโ€™m on the iPhone X. For me it seems like my home screen shortcut is not redirecting to my native Appsheet app.

hallelujah!!! Thanks @Jake_Tunney for helping me figure out Iโ€™m not crazy!!

@Gil - Iโ€™ve done thatโ€ฆa couple of times nowโ€ฆ

Ok, I didnโ€™t realize you are opening your apps from shortcuts (so I couldnโ€™t reproduce this issue). Thanks for the clarification @Jake_Tunney!
I am going to continue investigate this, but for now you can open your apps from the AppSheet app (the app with the AppSheetโ€™s icon).
I will let you know as soon as I have a solution.

@Tim_Martin @Jake_Tunney,
We just released a fix for this problem.
If you create a new shortcut (menu -> add shortcut) it would work.
As for existing shortcuts: if you reboot your device I believe it may fix the existing shortcut (not just for the first launch after reboot).

This problem was caused by an iOS update that broke the way our shortcuts work.
Iโ€™m sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue!

thank you!!!

Hey!!! Thatโ€™s great! Thanks @Gil

Thanks,
Tim

*Sent from my iPhone - please excuse any mis-spellings. *

Top Labels in this Space