New Bug Encountered:AppSheet seems to be ignoring date format and locale of dates in source data

Hi folks

Summary:
After many hours of troubleshooting, it seems that AppSheet is ignoring the local and date format of source data when processing data.

Background:
I am building an app which needs to import data from an external system. Several columns in this data are Dates. The Google Sheets underpinning the app areboth set for Locale = Australia. The locale for the source and target tables in AppSheet have Locale = Australia.The Date columns in Google Sheets have formatted as โ€œdd mmm yyyyโ€.

Problem statement:
I have an Action to read the data from one table, and paste it into another (using โ€œData: set the values of some solumns in this rowโ€). When the Action reads a date โ€œ10 May 2019โ€, it works fine, and the date in the target table seems to be shown as โ€œ10 May 2019โ€. When it reads a date โ€œ21 May 2019โ€, it throws an โ€œinvalid Dateโ€ error. If I change the date from โ€œ21 May 2019โ€ to โ€œ2 May 2019โ€, the amended date is transferred correctly (but the data is obviously incorrect).

Attempted solutions:
I have tried:

• various date formats in the Google Sheets
  • using "TEXT([date field], โ€œdd/mm/yyyyโ€) in the Action
  • changing the Locale settings for the spreadsheets and associated AppSheet tables

Workaround:
I have reverted the schema for the Date fields in both tables to Text type for the time being.

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks

1 1 507
1 REPLY 1

I have encountered the similar problem with Thailand Localization.
I have tried import date format from google sheets using column and even tested with 'TODAY()', turned out to be like '3/12/1480'.

Top Labels in this Space