New Bug Encountered: can't add app shortcut on iphone

I am currently unable to use the app install link to create a shortcut on an iphone running ios 14.3.
I have several shortcuts installed previously for my other apps.
A screenshot of the webpage that loads using my app shortcut is included.

Iโ€™ve looked at past reported issues on this topic but not found anything relevant to my issue.
Does anyone have any thoughts here?

Thanks,
Russ

0 9 1,360
9 REPLIES 9

Forgot to add.
I tried the add shortcut option in the hamburger menu once i opened the app but that did not add the shortcut - I just got a gray screen.

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hi, the recommended way to create a shortcut is to to indeed use the hamburger menu. This should open up a page in Safari prompting you to add a shortcut to the home screen. I am not able to repro any issue with this on iOS 14.4. Would you be able to take a video if you are still experiencing the issue on iOS 14.4?

Iโ€™m having the same issue with two iPhone users. Iโ€™ve gone through all the steps mentioned in the tread with no success. If there is a fix can someone please post so we can avoid waiting for Support?

My users still cannot add a shortcut. At Steveโ€™s advice I sent a request to AppSheet support. After many back and forth clarifications they gave this final answer, totally unsatisfactory!

โ€œUnfortunately in-app menu is the only way to create a shortcut now. The link from the email is only intended to help install the app. Let me know if you have further questions.โ€

Really?? This says AppSheets normal way to create a shortcut on installation does not work?? I need to hide the menu in ny app, but I tested their method and this and it doesnโ€™t not work!!!

Have you pulled the plug on Apple products completely???

Bob

This thread reports the same problem.

Any update on this issue?

As I understand and experience on iOS, only a single app can be run on the iOS device through the AppSheet app. To load a different app, the AppSheet app is deleted from the device, reinstalled, and another app selected.

Iโ€™m new to AppSheet so I may be missing something.

I was able to create home screen icons from the in app hamburger menu โ€“ once I changed the show menu option within the my apps.

You can have more than 1 appsheet app on a device if you use the shortcuts.
If you try to use the Appsheet app directly to access your appsheet apps then you will only be able to access 1 app.

I spent most of the afternoon trying to unravel this.

Part of the issue is that chrome browser no longer has โ€œinstall to home screenโ€ as an option. (on iphone x w 14.6).

But if you

1. click โ€œAdd Shortcutโ€ from within the Hamburger
  2. go to the blank appsheet webpage (which loads chrome)
  3. then copy the url.
  4. open safari and paste URL
  5. now you can โ€œadd to home screenโ€

Now to get my users to follow these instructions.

Just a thought.
If the shortcut link is the same for every user of an app then maybe I can share the link w the users via email (after they have installed the Appsheet app).

Top Labels in this Space