New Bug Encountered: Colors of display overlay icons cannot be changed via format rules

A long time ago, @Lynn asked about why the color of a “Display overlay” action cannot be formatted via a format rule. The issue seems to be unresolved so I am reposting it as a bug:

2 Likes

Same problem here. I cannot change the color of overlay actions

2 Likes

Yeah, they currently only seem linked to Primary color of the theme.

1 Like

Thanks for your responses. Here are two feature requests that are related to this:

2 Likes

This bug also seems to apply to the color of actions in the upper right of a table view when you select multiple records. They all default to black.

1 Like

Yes, overlay actions should be able to switch colors. This would make my app look better.

Any news on this?

I don’t know of any new developments. This request of mine is also related to this issue:

1 Like

And this . . .

2 Likes

Just bumping this topic back up to the top of the list. I kind of need this feature right now. I have two overlay actions, and they both appear green, but I need 1 of them to be red, because it is used more often, and needs to look more prominent.

1 Like

Same need here. I actually saw a video where it apparently worked before since both action buttons were different colors. For example, it would be very useful for users to key on the colors for changing status.

1 Like

Adding @nico and @morgan

1 Like

Bumping this. Sure would be nice to have.

1 Like

Are they planning on fixing this?

This issue is bothering me for almost 2 years already - and looks like I’m not the only one.

1 Like

Consider contacting support@appsheet.com.

Hi Steve,
I have the same issue for a long time ago too.
I did contact the support. This is an improvement on AppSheet side.

1 Like

If you have not done so already, please vote for these feature requests: