New Bug Encountered: Colors of display overlay icons cannot be changed via format rules

A long time ago, @Lynn asked about why the color of a “Display overlay” action cannot be formatted via a format rule. The issue seems to be unresolved so I am reposting it as a bug:

9 20 2,011
20 REPLIES 20

Same problem here. I cannot change the color of overlay actions

Bahbus

Yeah, they currently only seem linked to Primary color of the theme.

Thanks for your responses. Here are two feature requests that are related to this:

This bug also seems to apply to the color of actions in the upper right of a table view when you select multiple records. They all default to black.

Yes, overlay actions should be able to switch colors. This would make my app look better.

Any news on this?

I don’t know of any new developments. This request of mine is also related to this issue:

And this . . .

Just bumping this topic back up to the top of the list. I kind of need this feature right now. I have two overlay actions, and they both appear green, but I need 1 of them to be red, because it is used more often, and needs to look more prominent.

BobG

Same need here. I actually saw a video where it apparently worked before since both action buttons were different colors. For example, it would be very useful for users to key on the colors for changing status.

Adding @nico and @morgan

Bumping this. Sure would be nice to have.

Are they planning on fixing this?

This issue is bothering me for almost 2 years already - and looks like I’m not the only one.

Consider contacting support@appsheet.com.

Hi Steve,
I have the same issue for a long time ago too.
I did contact the support. This is an improvement on AppSheet side.

If you have not done so already, please vote for these feature requests:

Appsheet…can we please get these color issue fixed ASAP…they are delaying the release of my application. The scatter plot can not be formatted for multiple colors either. Please Resolve

Personally I would also like to use this feature, to allow one particular button to stand out more. And I’d also love to be able to change the “primary colour” using formatting, so that it is different in one particular view.

Best,
Ben

I think it would be so helpful to be able to change the color of overlay actions

Feel like this really shoulda been something that was very quickly and easily addressed like “oh this one button? ya no custom formatting rules. You want to put a ! in an overlay button icon that is a triangle that’s colored red or yellow to let your user know that something is wrong or give a warning? Nah we don’t care if you can do that even if our addition of text on hover for actions makes that idea even more valid”

Top Labels in this Space