New Bug Encountered: Delayed sync error with mysql database

My app has delayed sync turned on.

The scenario is:

1. User copies a record and the API copies the associated child records.
  2. User adds a record to a child table.
  3. User then runs a combined action to update all rows in the parent and child records with new data.
  4. User syncs.

We get an error now showing a mysql error โ€œA column in your mysql table cannot be null. Please make sure that you provide a value for this columnโ€

I think the delayed sync may be updating the records out of sequence as this was working previously. Now I can only get this to work if I manually sync after step 2 and then run the combined action.

0 2 184
2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The issue is pretty clear:

3X_b_a_baae37a2c163557f0556deed0297a8d0dbacd071.png

A database table row being added or updated by your process has a filed that may not be NULL, but your process is attempting to set the corresponding column value to a blank value, or is leaving it blank (perhaps upon creation).

Delayed sync is not likely the issue.

Please review your appโ€™s table configurations. For any database table column configured with NOT NULL, the corresponding app table column must have Required? set to ON; you must not use an expression for Required? on the column.

Thanks for the reply.

The only fields i have as Not Null are the Primary Key for the table. I have a separate column for the appsheet key. The primary key column has Auto increment on so I thought this would have been ok.

Top Labels in this Space