I just discovered an issue with the automatic check on expressions.
The logic is checking for the correct amount of opened and closed parentheses
And it also does so for ’ and " characters.
But I discovered it does NOT do this check with the ‘[’ and ‘]’ characters.
I ran into this issue when the calculation of a column was not working as expected.
In the end I noticed the missing ‘[’, but it would have been nice if the expression assistant would have helped me in noticing!
This is an example of this situation:
As you can see the field ShiftDate is spelled incorrectly as the starting ‘[’ is failing and the assistant is still indicating that the expression is valid.
I hope you will amend this to help avoiding this issue in the future.