New Bug Encountered: Formatting of Display Overlay

Jeremy_F
Participant V

I am not able to format actions that use Display Overlay

Solved Solved
2 13 895
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steve,
As weโ€™re adopting the material framework, as of this time FAB buttons (Floating Action) or overlay buttons are following the color of the theme.

As we work on improving the editing experience, weโ€™re working to make custom changes a bit easier, with color, information density (e.g. data tables) and font sizing a bit easier, while still maintaining some useful defaults that material provides.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Iโ€™m afraid thatโ€™s true, you canโ€™t format system generated actions with the format rule. Though Iโ€™m thinking why not.

Not system generated only, any action that has โ€œDisplay overlayโ€ cannot be formatted

Yes thatโ€™s true.

Is it a bug?

Actually no. @morgan Any thoughts?

Still kind of wondering if this feature would be possible to add? @morgan @Aleksi

MultiTech
Participant V

Iโ€™m completely thrown by the fact that we canโ€™t apply formatting rules to the overlay actions!

Is this on the road map?? @morgan

Yep, still waiting for this.

Agreed. I thought for sure we were able to do this. We could really use this.

Thanks

Thought I would bump this as it appears this has not been addressed.

I myself added a format rule to display the โ€˜Deleteโ€™ action button as red in an overlay, and although I can add the format rule it does not format the button.

Was there any intent on providing this functionality?

Steve
Participant V

Iโ€™ve confirmed again with developers that the inability to change the color of an overlay button is by design. They didnโ€™t offer a justification.

Hi Steve,
As weโ€™re adopting the material framework, as of this time FAB buttons (Floating Action) or overlay buttons are following the color of the theme.

As we work on improving the editing experience, weโ€™re working to make custom changes a bit easier, with color, information density (e.g. data tables) and font sizing a bit easier, while still maintaining some useful defaults that material provides.

This kinda offers literally 0 justification for why you canโ€™t control the overlay button color. Seems pretty clear that the users want to customize it and buttons already default to the theme colors anyway. Why allow control over every other buttons color except this one very specific situation?

Top Labels in this Space