New Bug Encountered : Horizontal Scrolling in iOS

Hello,

I have been having issues while Horizontal scrolling on my iOS devices. (iPhone, iPad mini)
Sometimes the horizontal scrolling in table view works smoothly but sometimes it stops responding for a couple of seconds. Have to then scroll a couple of times to make it work.
It seems super glitchy sometimes.
It works fine in the Appsheet editor and desktop view.

Is this happening to anyone else?
How can we fix this?

@Aleksi @Steve

1 13 2,213
13 REPLIES 13

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Yes, we noticed it
It only happens on iphone, not on Android.
We need a bit of trick to start the horizontal momemtum scrolling on Iphone. Once the view compatiple with horizontal scrolling, like table view, we need to scroll up / down first. Then start to swipe left or light to scroll horizontally.
Without srolling up and down , we are unable to scroll horizontally.
Just like a hidden commandโ€ฆ

3X_6_9_69c1a9ff91b0f147f58706e84e76d692e1e92190.png ???

yes this is a glitch.

I also noticed we are able to scroll any direction โ€ฆ this happens on desktop and i phone, not happening to Android though.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Escalated.

Hi

Any update on this?
Can this be resolved?

I have emailed AppSheet support as well on 7th April. But havenโ€™t got any resolution yet.

Thank you.

I have no new information.

Hi. Any updates on the AppSheet not scrolling horizontally in table view issue?

The scrolling has been buggy (iPhone iOS 14.5.1) for months now. Sometimes scrolling, somtimes not scrolling.

This, and the update back in October that destroyed my font formatting, has rendered all of my apps basically unusable.

Thank you.

Iโ€™m not aware of any change. Please contact support@appsheet.com for more help with this.

Hi. Any updates on the AppSheet not scrolling horizontally in table view issue?

The scrolling has been buggy (iPhone iOS 14.5.1) for months now. Sometimes scrolling, somtimes not scrolling.

Itโ€™s rendering all my apps unusable.

Thank you.

What did Support tell you?

I havenโ€™t heard back from them yet.

But I noticed that the โ€œHorizontal Scrollingโ€ option has disappeared from the Table View options with one of the latest AppSheet updates.

I will post more on this later, with screenshots from the old interface and the new. Iโ€™m wondering if taking away this option is creating the problem. Or if they moved this option, Iโ€™m not finding it anywhere. I was going to go uncheck it, then check it again to see if that would make horizontal scrolling in Table View work again. But I couldnโ€™t find the option.

(I will send this question and the screenshots to support as well.)

Thanks Steve!

The Appsheet Support team is inactive these days. Sometimes it takes many days to get a reply from support.

Iโ€™m also experiencing this issue. Itโ€™s been a while since this bug was encountered to still not have a fix. 

Even vertical scrolling on iOS is weird. It works eventually, but also needs a โ€œsecret codeโ€ to get it going. 

Apologies for the lack of attention to this. Horizontal scrolling is now always-on and the option was removed, but there is a known issue where swiping horizontally doesn't reliably trigger the scrolling on iOS. We've identified the underlying problem and are working on a fix. In the meantime, one potential workaround is to start scrolling a bit vertically first and then shift to horizontal.

Top Labels in this Space