Just for your reference, I’ve been able to get the app editor to show me the columns I need to set through the method I’ve described above. So, my immediate needs have been met. However, I think something about the app editor isn’t quite right so I hope the following will be useful to AppSheet:
App name: KankakuV5b-230844 (currently working on this app as the next version of my flashcard app)
Column set as counter: For Praveen
(As I explained about, I’ve been able to resolve the issue for myself for now, so I made another column to demonstrate the problem.)
When I made this column a change column, I was shown the following list of columns as choices:
As far as I can tell, the following columns should be visible but are not:
DW Set aside
DW View answer
Remote got it
Some columns that I would not expect to be offered as options (e.g. “For Praveen,” which would be self referential, columns already designated as change columns, etc.) are.
Finally, the order of the list of choices is a bit of a mystery to me. To some extent the order corresponds to the order of columns in the table, but not completely. This makes looking for the appropriate column harder if the table is quite large.
Again, I’m good for now but I hope this helps you fix or improve the editor.
P.S. This app is one you helped get started with a couple of years ago. Thanks again for that help. I’ve been using it myself and with my students for quite some time now but my poor design (part of which stemmed from limitations of the 2016 AppSheet platform) resulted in an app that occasionally forces the user to wait for annoying syncs. All syncing with the new version can be done in the background so the user will never have to wait for the app to finish syncing before moving to the next step. I’m quite excited about this new version of my app.