New Bug Encountered: Incorrect DSUM formula when extending table with new row

My google spreadsheet contains a column with the formula: =DSUM($A$1:$F,$F$1,{“Product id”;C2}) but when a new row is added by appsheet, the formula is =DSUM($A$1:$F1010,$F$1,“Product id”{;C3}) This results in “Formula parse error.” because the criteria array in parameter 3 is garbled.

The same problem occurs with the functions DMIN and DMAX

This looks like a defect… or am I doing something wrong?

Solved Solved
0 2 273
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It seems to me that arithmetic formulae are handled correctly, but function calls aren’t always. The bypass in my case is to do calculations on a separate sheet and use arrayformula(VLookup()) in the top row to bring the results back in for display.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet has only rudimentary support for spreadsheet formulas; there are quite a few spreadsheet formulas that AppSheet does not handle. This appears to me one of them. You can report this deficiency to support@appsheet.com, but I suspect it won’t be fixed and you’ll have to work around it.

It seems to me that arithmetic formulae are handled correctly, but function calls aren’t always. The bypass in my case is to do calculations on a separate sheet and use arrayformula(VLookup()) in the top row to bring the results back in for display.

Top Labels in this Space