New Bug Encountered: Logo not appearing properly on Android device

The following little logo is showing properly in my browsers and on my iPhone but it appears to be broken on my Android phone when I use the same app.

When I check other apps on my Android phone, AppSheet icons are fine; it’s only the icon that I’ve made that appears to be broken and only on my Android phone. As you can see from the following, it’s an image that I’ve put on my own server:

Even on the Android phone, the icon appears properly in other contexts, such as the App Gallery:

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 20.50.51

I wonder if I am the only one experiencing this.

If anyone at AppSheet would be willing to take a look, here’s the name of the app: 191009KankakuV5-230844

Thanks!

Hey @Kirk_Masden, do you have a screenshot of how the logo shows up incorrectly?

Thanks @Peter! Just took one with my phone. I’ll have to send it later, though.

Sorry to be late to respond, @Peter. Here’s the image of the problem, which is persisting on my old Huawei phone:

I see now that I’ve posted this that it is an image of a difference version of the app but I’ve check and the problem is the same, regardless of the version.

Kirk - it looks like you need to make sure that image URL is hosted on a ‘secure’ site - if it already is, try changing the http to https

I see. Thanks. I wasn’t aware of that. I’ll try to take care of that.

By the way, I’d like to mention this in relation to the logo issue:

The project I’m working on is one that I hope will lead to a fairly large number of Japanese users download my app as a prototype. If the prototype becomes popular, it won’t contribute directly to AppSheet’s bottom line because students will use it on the “free” plan. However, I hope that it will contribute indirectly to AppSheet’s growth but increasing the number of people in Japan who know about AppSheet.

I hope that AppSheet will eventually decide to support profile apps but not changing logos when they are copied. Thanks!