New Bug Encountered: Map View secondary layer details does not reflect pin info

I have records for Technicians in my app who have an Address and Current Location information captured. Current Location is a LatLong column.

If I specify this Slice of information as the secondary layer in a Map and select the Current Location, the pins are correctly displayed in the Map. But when selecting one of these Technician pins, the details info displayed is the Address info not the Lat Long info. The See image.

However, if I make this same Slice the Primary layer, the Current Location details are displayed as expected. See second image.

I would expect the [ins in the secondary layer would behave the same as pins in the Primary layer.

AND, If I remove the Address column from the Slice, then the Details show no location info

Secondary layer pin by LatLong info - Details on selected pin picks up Address to display.

Primary layer pin by LatLong info - Details on selected pin shows LatLong info as expected.

Secondary Layer pin by LatLong - Address removed from Slice - Details show NO location info
2X_9_92e980a47af390fa54c4f7b41f732e8b103956c0.png

1 2 624
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @WillowMobileSystems! Are you still experiencing this issue or is the pin info displaying on the secondary layer?

Hi Jennifer! Finally got a chance to re-test this and unfortunately this IS still an issue. When the pin on the Secondary Layer is based on a LatLong column and is selected in the map, the LatLong coordinates do not show in the detail info pane. If I add the Address column into the Slice, the Address shows but the Pin is based on LatLong column and I would expect that info to show just as is does in the Primary Map Layer.

Also, I just noticed, in my test example above if I switch so that Active Technicians is Primary and Vendors are Secondary, when selecting a Vendor pin the Address info also does not show.

So it seems if I only have a single โ€œlocationโ€ type column - Address OR LatLong - no pin location info will be shown. If I have both - Address AND LatLong - The Address info is shown in the Detail regardless of which one is selected as the data column for the Secondary Layer.

I hope that is clear!

Top Labels in this Space