New Bug Encountered: Not recognize pdf417 bar code

Hello, greetings. I found a issue, maybe is not a problem but maybe you will be fixed in order to enhance bar code capture in pdf417, not all, but bidimensional extra large and high density pdf417 code bars.

2X_3_3a2ab2655dcef0276485d34a999672b5c76d9a8f.jpeg

0 8 442
8 REPLIES 8

Adding @Gil

Hi @Samir_Tadeo_Quiroz_V, can you please post a picture of a barcode youโ€™re not able to scan? The picture you posted canโ€™t be scanned due to low resolution.
If youโ€™re trying to scan driver licenses, could you please let me know of which country?

Hello Gil,
I appreciate your help.
Atacched you will find a high quality image to be scanned.
Same image Iโ€™d tried to scan without results.
My ID is from Colombia.

Samir Tadeo Quiroz Velilla

Hmmmโ€ฆ Lots of personal info contained in that image? Privacy concerns? I see a personally-identifiable fingerprint.

Yes.

Thatโ€™s right. This information is printed on IDs and is also contained in the bar code.

These documents are equivalent to U.S. driverโ€™s license In the United States.

2X_f_f34142b97fb142ca37109f2775a5b9d4e9c81cee.jpeg

SAMIR TADEO QUIROZ VELILLA

Director Seguridad Fรญsica

Puerto Brisa S.A.

Km 22 Vรญa Palomino - Riohacha, La Guajira โ€“ Colombia

Email: dirsegfisica@puertobrisa.com

Web: www.puertobrisa.com

โ€œLa informaciรณn contenida en este correo electrรณnico y en todos sus archivos anexos es confidencial y privilegiada, y no necesariamente transmite el pensamiento o convicciones de Puerto Brisa S.A. Si por algรบn motivo recibe esta comunicaciรณn y usted no es el destinatario autorizado, sรญrvase borrarlo de inmediato, notificarle de su error a la persona que lo enviรณ y abstenerse de divulgar su contenido y anexos, ya que esta informaciรณn solo puede ser utilizada por la persona a quien estรก dirigida. Estรก prohibido cualquier uso inadecuado de esta informaciรณn, asรญ como la generaciรณn de copias de este mensaje.โ€

There is not a problem.

Thatโ€™s right. This information is printed on IDs and is also contained in the bar code.

These documents are equivalent to U.S. driverโ€™s license In the United States.

Director de Seguridad
Puerto Brisa S.A.

Good morning, fellas.
I have news.
I tried to scan the barcode with mobile in vertical position and it wasnโ€™t possible.
So I turned the phone to horizontal position and succeeded.
Either way, for your information, I have another application installed that allow to scan the barcode in vertical position. That means the cell phone camera isnโ€™t the issue.
I really appreciate your help.

Director de Seguridad
Puerto Brisa S.A.

Hi @Samir_Tadeo_Quiroz_V,
I was able to scan your barcode on both portrait and landscape mode. However, it seems that scanning works best when the barcode and the phone are both in the same orientation (If the barcode is vertical, like in your picture, use portrait).
Also, I think what Steve meant is that your ID card contains personal information and you probably donโ€™t want it posted on the internet.

Top Labels in this Space