New Bug Encountered (Possibly): UX Description issues not consistently pulling comments from column headers

jzwu

Column Description: The description, if provided, is shown to the user instead of the field name in forms. It is automatically populated from comments on the column header cells in the spreadsheet.

I have updated the comments, but only some of the column header fields are changing in the app view after regenerating the structure. Any tips or advice?

0 4 194
  • UX
4 REPLIES 4

Are you using a google forms and updating the comments from the column header fields of google sheet?

are you referring to a a form view type?

I am using google sheets, with comments on the column header fields of google sheet.

For app view, I just meant the view that you see on the app as well as on the right side when making changes on the backend. In some sense, I guess this is irrelevant.

The key thing is my comments on the column header are not updating all the descriptions.

Previously, the description would autofill, but now it is not.

For a test, I populate some new descriptions:

and after regenerate, those were shown in the editor. I am afraid that I am not able to reproduce this specific issue.

These description also is those that are shown in a Form view (not other type of view), to provide a longer wording as we may wish to clarify the column content. We can always add description inside the editor.

As an additional note, I would suggest to remove the comments on the column header as it could potentially create some confusion later.

This could reflect some changes AppSheet is making to the app editor. Itโ€™s possible @Heru hasnโ€™t gotten the changes yet.

I encourage you to contact support@appsheet.com about this issue.

Top Labels in this Space