New Bug Encountered: UX Change col series [line] floor now at 0

Something that I had found very helpful was that col series [line] charts would base the Y axis on the data present for both the floor and ceiling.

Example: data set is between 140 and 180. The lowest number on the chart would be 140 and the highest would be 180. This is how I want to view my data. I do not want to see any space taken up on the Y axis with values either above 180 or below 140.

However, there appears to have been a recent update that is now automatically making the floor of the Y axis 0, even though there are no 0 values in the data set (the ceiling appears to still be set by the data). I am interested in showing small variations within the 140 to 180 range. Having the Y axis go all the way to 0 removes that nuance, as the majority of the vertical space is completely unused and what were previously significant variances for that data set are now flattened due to the โ€œzoom outโ€ effect of the floor being at 0.

I am not sure if this change was perhaps the result of a request to have charts start at 0 or if it was some other update made that led to the shift. This may not be a bug, as it may just be a change in how the application renders its charts. However, it is definitely an unwelcome change on my end. Perhaps there might be value in giving users the option to select how they would like the floor/ceiling set or to give users the ability to set those values themselves.

1 4 241
4 REPLIES 4

Hello, I have exactly the same problem.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

i am having the same issue is the solution?

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Top Labels in this Space