New Bug Encountered: Web doesn't match smartphone version

The flag that you see in the photo has suddenly begun to appear throughout my app when I use it on the web, even though it is only appropriate to certain views. When I use my app on my phone this does not occur. I have several versions of this app and, suddenly, all of the version have the same problem.

Here is a public version of this app:

https://www.appsheet.com/portfolio/230844

If you copy it and view it on the web, I think the action flag will appear throughout the app, including where it is not needed. But, if you use the app on a phone, I think it will be OK.

This is the first time I have encountered a difference between performance on the web and on a phone. Even if one doesnโ€™t intend to actually use the app on the web, this makes editing extremely difficult because we canโ€™t be sure that what we are seeing on the browser interface is what we will see on our phones.

0 6 559
6 REPLIES 6

A problem that may be related is the loss of unique names for individual icons. The flag I had chosen used to be called โ€œflag-oโ€ but those letters no longer call up a flag. If I type in โ€œflagโ€ I get some choices but, no matter which one I choose, the โ€œflagโ€ part remains unchanged. The image you see is from an earlier version off my app. It still works but if I change it, the โ€œflag-oโ€ letters do not come back, regardless of which icon I choose.

I think I have a better idea now of what is happening. It seems that an action icon that is set to โ€œDisplay overlayโ€ persists even after moving to a view in which the action icon is irrelevant. Again, this problem only occurs when viewing the app in a browser (the editor interface or a link to display only the app in the browser). I am a Mac user and I have confirmed that the problem occurs in both Chrome and Safari. I donโ€™t know if the same problem would occur in Windows. I may test that later if I have time.

Hereโ€™s an image that helped me confirm that the problem had something to do with the persistence of an icon from a previews view:

1X_04387c669e60a1fff173363baafdc00e26e737bf.png

Hi Kirk, the behavior should be identical on the web and on a device. If not, one or the other doesnโ€™t have the latest version of either our software or your app.

Be that as it may, could you please send support@appsheet.com the details of how to reproduce the errant behavior you are observing. Thanks

Thanks for the prompt attention, Praveen! Iโ€™ll be happy to send more information to the support e-mail. I think Iโ€™ll make a little screen video, which brings me to a question. Can I use the photo link to upload a little video to this forum? That was how I shared videos at the previous venue.

Oops! Just tried to answer my own question by posting a video. I couldnโ€™t do it through the photo link. Too bad. I guess I could put it up on my server and then embed it, but thatโ€™s a lot of work.

The issue appears to have been resolved. Thanks for your attention.

Top Labels in this Space