New Bug Encountered: Webhook PUT PDF

Hi
I’m trying to PUT a pdf to my file server and it seems to arrive as a html document instead of a pdf. I don’t mean with the extension .html but containing html in it. Obviously POST isn’t useful because it’s a new file.
Thanks in Advance

0 7 571
7 REPLIES 7

Can you confirm that you are using a Webhook with “HTTP Content Type” of “PDF”?
If so, it should send a PDF that is Base64 encoded.

I am not sure that is the behavior you want. I added this feature at the request of a customer who was trying to send PDF files to a printer. I don’t know if he ever got it working. In fact, I am not sure anyone is using the PDF “HTTP Content Type”.

Yes I have that set. Is there anyway to send pdf files over webhooks.
Thanks

Hi Phil, I can confirm that we make considerable use of the PDF “HTTP Content Type” to send files to SharePoint over a webhook. In fact, we would be keen to see the functionality extended and/or see further explanation on the processing that goes on in the background. At the moment, I can easily send PDF files to SharePoint, but only if I use a Google Doc template; I can’t send a pre-existing PDF from our Google Drive, nor a Base64 representation of a PDF.

See further details in the forum post here.

Can you explain what happens when we use the PDF content type option? SharePoint seems to expect a Base64-encoded binary stream (not JSON string) for the PDF. Since the Google Doc template-generated PDFs upload fine, are they being sent as binary streams? Is there any way we can do the same thing with an arbitrary pre-existing PDF we have stored on our Google Drive?

Thanks,
Michael

Can you tell me exactly what the target system is expecting to receive in the way of a payload?

Well I’m using sabre dav, a webDav platform connected to a Document server. I’m not an expert on this but assumed it would work.

Edit:
Uploading files

A file can be uploaded by sending a PUT request to the file and sending the raw file contents as the request body.

PUT remote.php/dav/files/user/path/to/file

So it looks like the request body should contain the raw PDF contents

Top Labels in this Space