New Bug Encountered:When i set a map view to Ref, inline views of the table revert to map view

Hello
When i set a map view to Ref, inline views of the table revert to map view instead of table view.Bug?

1 8 526
8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Participant V

Setting a view position to ref is the way of indicating the view is to be used as an inline view. A Map type view has higher precedence than a Table type view, so by setting your map view to ref, you overrode the ref table view you already had.

What was your intention in setting the map view to ref? What were you trying to accomplish?

Thanks Steve for your response.
I wanted to use the map view as part of a dashboard so I didnโ€™t want it appearing alone.
Ref was just a method of keeping it away from the menu etc.
Cheers

The best way to do what you want is put the view in the menu position (or any non-ref position, really) and set the Show if property to FALSE. The Show if will hide the view from the menu, and having the view in the menu position will prevent its use inline.

Thanks again. Already did that. Cheers

By setting the Show if property to FALSE, the view is no longer visible in the dashboard view. How would you solve that?

OR(Context(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œDashboardNameโ€, Context(โ€œViewโ€)=โ€œView NAMEโ€)

You need to put view name incase user Maximizes the view itself in the dashboard.
Should work,

You just blew my mind. It worked!

For reference:

Top Labels in this Space