New Bug Encountered:WORKFLOW with email action followed with another email action ignores 2nd action's email content

Team, the first parts is an email with a body template works OK. the second part is an emailtosms problem is it ignores emailsubject emailbody, preheader, ann sends previous part emailbody template instead. please fix or advise.

0 6 284
6 REPLIES 6

I am not certain I understand what you are reporting.
Can you describe what you are trying to achieve, what is working, and what is failing.

@Phil, yes. thereโ€™s a workflow with an email action with email body template that has a table.

when i add to the same workflow another email action to different recipients with itโ€™s own much simpler email body, it completely ignores the simpler body and sends the email body template of the 1st action.

cheers.

@Phil, to clarify, the 1st email action works fine, the second sends but the wrong template.

this is the link to the workflow:
https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=STAFF-751991&quickStart=False&nonce=419991379#Behav...

cheers.

I looked at application STAFF-751991 workflow rule โ€œSEND HR-F10C BY EMAILโ€.
It contains a single email action followed by a single data change action.
If I understand you correctly, I thought there were supposed to be two email actions in the rule.

Has the application changed or did I misunderstand your description of the problem?
Can you get the application into the failing state and let me know when you have done that?
Alternatively, you might want to create a simple test case that illustrates the problem.
In either event I am happy to investigate.

hey, @Phil, thanks for following up.
i think i am good for now, please close this support case.
i had to deliver, so i removed the second email action to get reports out, used a work-around, obviously you looked then.
after your email mentioning the second action was missing, i got busy putting the second email action back in as email body expressions, i got several malformed test results but finally i got a good enough one with the below expression.

Employee Name: <<[Name]>> <<[Surname]>>,
State: <<[LOCATION]>>,
Role: <<[Job Title]>>,
Date Form completed: <<[Date Entered]>>,
ESO Mobile No. <<[Mobile No.]>>,
ESO Email
Email Address: <<[E-Mail Address]>>,
Email User: <<[E-Mail Address]>>,
Email Password: <<[Email Password]>>,
ESO Website Login
User: <<[Website Username]>>,
Password: <<[Website Password]>>,