New bug: keyboard shorcuts on editor

Months ago I just have found the Ctrl+S shortcut unreliably and therefore I barely use it.
Now, I was testing this new feature (one that I’ve been asking):

It works, kinda. I found it to be unreliably also until I finally found the problem.

For some reason, this is how it works:

If you have Caps Lock activated, it will save and close the expression assistant using Ctrl+Shift+S
If Caps Lock is deactivated, it will not work at all.

Here is the best part

For Save, the shortcut that has been there for a while now:
If you have Caps Lock activated, it will make your browser think that you want to save/download the webpage
If you have Caps Lock deactivated, it will work.

@benhare Could you send this to the person incharge of this change? Maybe he/she though that the “S” needed to be capitalized because of the Shift key or something like that.
Thanks!

PS: Please, anyone seeing this, test it yourself. Just to probe I’m not crazy and it happends to someone else.
PS2: I was using Windows while I tested this. Linux should be the same though. I don’t have a macOS device right now.

3 2 111
2 REPLIES 2

Good catch.
When caps lock is turned on, yes, hitting ctr+sft+s is actually saving expression dialogue. Weird enough.

Yes that’s weird I’ll fix that, I didn’t see that with my testing but thank you for letting me know all of this information.

Top Labels in this Space