Hello all - apologies for this, made a mistake and broke the new charts. There is a fix for it which will go out today.
Back to normal, thanks !
Everything works, thank you!
Ok that’s great to hear
Hi @benhare here are some questions:
- How does the Color field work?
- I would like to see the Number on the Bar. Is this possible?
- How is the Click Through working? It always opens the same random row.
It would be great if it would be possible to build a chart based on more than one table.
Are you thinking about it?
- So the color field can be used to add another dimension to your data, for instance coloring based on a categorical field will show the bars broken down by that field. Play around with it and let me know if you’re finding it un-intuitive, always looking for ways to make this more usable!
- I don’t exactly know how I’d do that, but it’s probably possible. I’d have to converse with some other people internally as I don’t think I’d want that to be the default option.
- Click Through is broken in some cases, I have an open bug for fixing that.
@11179 Hmm I haven’t been thinking about that actually. I wonder if you could do what you’re thinking of doing by creating an appropriate slice? Charts can be built off of slices along with just off of tables themselves.
Just added another new dynamic chart on a view, I just got to believe I broke my view again
But everything went back to normal once I removed it.
Is there a limit to the number of new dynamic Chart I can use ?
Hmm there shouldn’t be a limit. One thing that we’re doing that I’m curious about is that when you switch to a new chart you get no like, placeholder chart until you add data and it can give you a chart. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing? If not then I’m not sure.
I’m pretty sure there is data to show
It worked, until I added it to a dashboard view.
I just tried again to make sure.
Every dashboard view that used to work before I add a new dynamic chart to one of these dashboard, suddenly stop to display anything.
But if I keep the new dynamic chart aside, that’s OK.
Edit : Let me know if you need further information or access to my app.
I found one bug (I believe it’s bug), old and new chart get different results:
Blue is the old one with correct count 5,8 and the red one is new with wrong result: 5,8000000001
Thank you for finding that - I’ll log that in my backlog of work for charts. Can you share with me the configuration you used for this? Notably what aggregation function you’re using (sum/average/etc).