New Charts in AppSheet applications - in Preview Program

Hello all - apologies for this, made a mistake and broke the new charts. There is a fix for it which will go out today.

2 Likes

Back to normal, thanks ! :smiley:

1 Like

Everything works, thank you!

1 Like

Ok that’s great to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @benhare here are some questions:

• How does the Color field work?
  • I would like to see the Number on the Bar. Is this possible?
  • How is the Click Through working? It always opens the same random row.
1 Like

@benhare
It would be great if it would be possible to build a chart based on more than one table.
Are you thinking about it?

@Fabian

1. So the color field can be used to add another dimension to your data, for instance coloring based on a categorical field will show the bars broken down by that field. Play around with it and let me know if you’re finding it un-intuitive, always looking for ways to make this more usable!
  2. I don’t exactly know how I’d do that, but it’s probably possible. I’d have to converse with some other people internally as I don’t think I’d want that to be the default option.
  3. Click Through is broken in some cases, I have an open bug for fixing that.

@11179 Hmm I haven’t been thinking about that actually. I wonder if you could do what you’re thinking of doing by creating an appropriate slice? Charts can be built off of slices along with just off of tables themselves.

1 Like

Hi @benhare

Just added another new dynamic chart on a view, I just got to believe I broke my view again :rofl:
But everything went back to normal once I removed it.

Is there a limit to the number of new dynamic Chart I can use ?

Hmm there shouldn’t be a limit. One thing that we’re doing that I’m curious about is that when you switch to a new chart you get no like, placeholder chart until you add data and it can give you a chart. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing? If not then I’m not sure.

I’m pretty sure there is data to show :slight_smile:
It worked, until I added it to a dashboard view.
Then…boom :stuck_out_tongue:

I just tried again to make sure.
Every dashboard view that used to work before I add a new dynamic chart to one of these dashboard, suddenly stop to display anything.
But if I keep the new dynamic chart aside, that’s OK.

Edit : Let me know if you need further information or access to my app.

1 Like

Hello @benhare

I found one bug (I believe it’s bug), old and new chart get different results:

Blue is the old one with correct count 5,8 and the red one is new with wrong result: 5,8000000001

Thank you for finding that - I’ll log that in my backlog of work for charts. Can you share with me the configuration you used for this? Notably what aggregation function you’re using (sum/average/etc).