New expression or mechanism for calendar view

I’m using calendar view to record the event of the day and time. All the time I select date and push new entries for the events. The date and time columns are set today and now expression as there is no other option for those type of column. Ideally it is helpful for the user the selected date (at least) is auto-generated at target column rather than the date for today based on the expresssion for initial value.

Status Open
12 7 446
7 Comments
Aleksi
Staff

Sorry… I tried to understand your request but I’m not 100% sure what you are looking for. Would you please explain this with real date and time values so it would be easier to understand, thanks.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Sure, my friend.

Firstly please have a look at the screenshot one below.

(One)

In this example, i selected 21st Aug in order to register new ‘event’ (i.e. new row) by hitting plus icon at the right bottom corner.

Then move to screenshot two.

(Two)

What makes my life easier is to automatically fill in the date of 21st Aug as selected by user. The table and column is set for initial value as 'Today / Now. So as you can see the date / time automatically generated to the target column is today’s date and time rather than the ‘selected date’ of 21st in this case.

When the user selected a particular date from calendar date, the form will be optionally filled in with the selected date value …

Hope this makes sense.

Koichi Tsuji

Aleksi
Staff

Okay… you would like to use the date from the existing view as a default value when creating a new record, correct?

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Yes that’s correct.

Aleksi
Staff

Okay thanks.

Shawn_Crocker
Bronze 4
Bronze 4

I’m so surprised this what not a thing that was enabled during the initial conception of the calendar view. In fact, I’m surprised at how totally almost useless the calendar view is. There is basically nothing you can change about it.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager