New expression to get address from latlon, or get latlon from address vice versa

I wish to have simple expression to return latlong from address value, or other way around, to get the address from latlon value.
I only could manage this by writing app script, but it is just wasting time.

I wish to intuitive expression like

getAddress([Latlon])

getLatlon([Address])

Status Not Planned
41 10 1,013
10 Comments
MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

This has been requested several times… there’s a detailed string about it somewhere.

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Thanks Matt! I got it.

For Address column, as the user keeps typing, the app should assist them to complete the address (show candidate etc) and then such address should be made recognizable by Google so that they geocode for whatever use, convert to latlon, show on map etc.

Hope this is in the pipeline.

MultiTech
Gold 4
Gold 4

The address column already DOES suggest things, it’s just not as quick as googles predictive auto-complete.

Maybe that predictive power will find it’s way into our apps once AppSheet is more tightly integrated into the GCP!

Koichi_Tsuji
Gold 4
Gold 4

Oh, i didnt know that! what a shame.

Yes, definitely this will become more user friendly with GCP!

APiCC_Conor
Silver 3
Silver 3

We would love to see this as well.

Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

Nick_Haschka
Bronze 5
Bronze 5

It would be very valuable if AppSheet would make the geocoded lat/long coordinates it has  geo-coded from address column type fields available as a virtual column or simply for use in creating files and reporting. Our use case is to generate a portable KML file that can be imported into google earth. 

Status changed to: Not Planned
Roderick
Community Manager
Community Manager

This idea is not currently planned. 

Osmosis
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

Bumping interest in this...

@Roderick @Pratyusha @Koichi_Tsuji 

Status changed to: Not Planned
Roderick