New feature: forms with tabs! If you have a m...

New feature: forms with tabs! If you have a multi-page form, you can use the Tabs page style to show each page as its own tab.

Check out the sample app: https://www.appsheet.com/samples/preview?appGuidString=d6e7dce9-2062-47fe-8e5f-dcccb26a1157

Notes:

• Tab names are determined by the Page Header columnsโ€™ Contents property.

• UX > Options now has a Form Page Style setting that lets you set the default style for all form views. You can override this by changing an indivdual form viewโ€™s Page Style setting.

• Pages that have a Show If condition will appear greyed out and disabled until the condition is met.

• If you have any required columns on a page, youโ€™ll have to fill those columns out before switching tabs.

0 13 745
  • UX
13 REPLIES 13

Cool! How many tabs can we fit in? Any possible max limit?

Awesomeness

Hmm, I am thinking should we even have both Prev./Next and Tabs at the same time? Perhaps Prev./Next should be only visible in the

Page Count style, and hidden in Tabs style?

@Rogerio_Penna Note this line in Sarahโ€™s post: โ€ฆTab names are determined by the Page Header columnsโ€™ Contents property.

So, you should be able to change that tab name dynamically if necessary.

@RezaRaoofi Thanks. I did not notice that line, nor I had used Page Header โ€œContentsโ€ field before. So I was trying through the Display or Description.

Nice! When you mentioned you were working on this, I didnโ€™t think youโ€™d get it done so quick!

Answering Rezaโ€™s above question! Multiple tabs are scrollable; sweet!

Great featureโ€ฆ

Nice! Is there/will there be a way to do this using an SQL back end?

@RezaRaoofi as the scroll button might be a little small for thick fingers on a small screen, I wonder if it would be possible to scroll by drag and drop.

I definitely plan to implement swipe-to-scroll for this. Thanks!

@Sarah_Gould_AppSheet , can you please check another thing?

When we have multiple tabs, and instead of scrolling the tabs and clicking on another, you click NEXTโ€ฆ you will go to the next tab, but the tabs above will not move.

I meanโ€ฆ it would be interesting if the tab you are in was always located in the center (unless itโ€™s the first or last) so you can see the next and previous tabs. (better for navigation)

If tab being used is always on center, it already fixed what I see as a problem, which is that if click next and next and you are on the last tab on the screen, and click next again, you wonยดt see the tab you are using unless you scroll it.

Now imagine a big form with a dozen tabs. And you click next several times. You wonยดt even know what tab you are in and will have a hard time finding it by scrolling the tabs.

@Sarah_Gould_AppSheet Sarah, I have the impression the TAB names always are the same as the Show Page columns. It would be nice if, provicede a DISPLAY NAME or a DESCRIPTION, that would be used for the TAB name.

Top Labels in this Space