New to AppSheet - I have one data table - di...

New to AppSheet -

I have one data table - different slices - one view pr slice. Now I have one field (Y/N) which is displayed in multiple slices

• which should be editable from the one view - but read-only in other view. it seems, that the edit-property is at the data table / column level?

How to edit columns properties dependend on slices or views? BR/

0 1 308
1 REPLY 1

Hi @Soren_Frederiksen,

Please take a look at referenced article at the bottom of this post. Especially if you wish to make a field based on certain conditions (such as user email etc)

Alternatively if you wish to make the field editable just based on views , please explore the following workaround

Let us say you have a Y/N field called โ€œApprove?โ€ and you wish this to be editable and just read only in certain views.

1. Have the field titled as say โ€œApprove Eโ€ ( Meaning editable approve column)

and display name of โ€œApprove?โ€

1. Have a virtual column field titled say โ€œApprove Rโ€(meaning read only)

and display name of โ€œApprove?โ€

Please have the app formula for this column as [Approve E]

You can include the Approve E field in those slices

and their views where you wish this field to be editable, and you can include Approve R field in those slices and their views where you wish it to be just a read only field.

Hope this helps.

help.appsheet.com - Editable_If Column Constraint Editable_If Column Constraint help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space