Next Acquisition by Google - Looker

Next interesting story. Google completed acquisition of Looker, which is one of reputable BI platform. I m a geek of Tableau, but Looker is one of the powerful BI tool which is now team mate for Google Cloud.
Appsheet is now part of Google Cloud.

Appsheet and Looker should be a kinda of sibling relationship. Then what will be โ€œourโ€ future dealing with Appsheet as one of Google Cloud platform?

Very intersting to see what we will see in a year or so.

What do you think?

4 7 594
7 REPLIES 7

@tsuji_koichi,

Thank you for sharing. Google currently has Google Data Studio under BI umbrella. Looks like Looker could be a more comprehensive BI solution.

Today there was another acquisition news by Google in the field of mainframe migration.

Thanks, mate.
Reasonably speaking, Google wont run two similar platform at the same time. GDS is at a risk? That s my humble opinion. Will see.
Anything will happen these days.

https://www.appsheet-japan-community.com/post/looker

I placed new blog to my site about this subject.

It would be glorious to see the charts of AppSheet replaced with Lookers.

It would be awesome indeed and is something I have been dreaming of since I joined Appsheet.
Though acquisition take a while and a lot of magic has to happen in the background to replace/upgrade/harden infrastructure to Googleโ€™ expectations level before we can integrate deeper with other part of the stack. Also Lookerโ€™s acquisition just closed and based on what we went through and are going through still, it will be a few months before things can start to happen between Appsheet and Looker teams. But in the grand scheme of things a few months is not such a long timeโ€ฆ
Thierry

Just awesome!

I canโ€™t wait

Top Labels in this Space