No error but warning appears

Hi there,
Month ago I put this formula in the UX VIEW Shof_If constraint
OR(IN(USEREMAIL(), Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie]), IN(USEREMAIL(), Adresy mailowe[ZESPOŁY]))
and everything was fine till yesterday. Now there is a yellow note/warning which wasn’t there before.
I have a spreadsheet just for the email addresses of app users called “Adresy mailowe” and inside few columns for “departments” let’s say.
I need to limit specific users.
Anyone can help? Maybe I cannot pick something out?
Thanks,
Mat

Solved Solved
0 15 247
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It maybe that it doesn’t see either Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie] or Adresy mailowe[ZESPOŁY] as a list. Try removing one to find out which works. Then try ecapsualting in either
LIST(Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie])
or
Select(Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie],TRUE)
to force Appsheet to see it as a list. Cant be more specific as aI dont know your data structre

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

It maybe that it doesn’t see either Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie] or Adresy mailowe[ZESPOŁY] as a list. Try removing one to find out which works. Then try ecapsualting in either
LIST(Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie])
or
Select(Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie],TRUE)
to force Appsheet to see it as a list. Cant be more specific as aI dont know your data structre

@mateo May I ask what that warning is?

This is the warning
“This formula is not evaluated in the context of a row, so column values are not available”

Thanks for the feedback. Maybe it doesn’t see those columns as a list but the question is why it stopped seeing it like this? Everything was fine as I mentioned, till yesterday. I will try your idea.Thanks @1minManager

Sometimes Appsheet changes the way equations work. Especially the syntax they are expecting. I’ve seen it 2-3 times before

This is a generic warning and is actually not a reflection of your particular expression. There is nothing wrong with your expression.

Ok, thanks but I still do not understand why it does not work despite it worked 2 days ago.
I will et you guys know when find the solution

What doesn’t work?

The formula. I haven’t changed anything. It stopped working. Users are not limited.

So the view appears in the main menu or along the bottom navigation bar for users that are not in either list?

Main menu. I solved this problem with the @1minManager idea but I am trying to understand what happened. That’s it.

Which of his suggestions worked for you?

LIST(Adresy mailowe[Menadżerowie]) this one.
Thank you, guys.
Btw is there any way for a private consultation about some AppSheet features with someone from AppSheet team?

Without a better idea of what you’re looking for, your best bet is to start with support@appsheet.com.

Gramercy!
I think we can lock the topic

@mateo this feels like a bug. Your formula should not flag that warning.

I have flagged my colleague @natalie who works on our app compiler

Top Labels in this Space