Non-row-level navigation action

I have a view called “Add Cards” in the lower right-hand corner of the screen on my app. The plus sign (system generated) is for the normal method of adding data – typing it into a form. The truck would (if I could make it do this) take the user to a list of data that has been added through the Google spreadsheet interface. The user could then “transfer” the data via a LINKTOVIEW action. (See the following post of mine for a discussion of how to do that: New row action .)

2X_e_ede8562b951204f4e1a796618b9adff359c62f3e.png

So, in short, I would like to have two overlay actions on this “Add Cards” deck view: Plus for the normal method and the truck for the transfer method.

Unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be possible now because there’s no way to make a navigation action into a “non-row level action.” The only reason that I’ve been able to place the truck in the position I would hope to put it is that the action is actually “add a new row to this table (not a row-level action).”

2X_a_a39173efd17a4d5a8217dc491d2a03f0fe6bfa94.png

There may not be a lot of people who would like to do what I had hoped to do but I know that I’m not alone:

A single non-row level navigation action would solve my problem but another possibility is a generic non-row-level action that could be used to invoke other kinds of actions.

Thanks for your consideration.

P.S. I can already this of other methods to do what I want to do but it would be nice to be able to do it in the method I’ve described above.

Status Open
11 3 989
3 Comments
Status changed to: Open
Pratyusha
Community Manager
Community Manager

cdc43339
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

This would be super useful, kind of crazy that there is nothing like this already.

TG-Techie
Bronze 1
Bronze 1

I agree this would be very useful: on several occasions I've gone looking for a feature like this to address the following:

- Customizing a Table/Deck's  plus button to link to a specific form view, instead of the default form the "add a new row to this table" action links to.

specifically, Slices of tables do not (consistently) seem to link to the same form as base table links to.

For form views where the view has considerable customization*, say to ensure forms are filled out correctly, it means that the same work needs to be duplicated and maintained once per slice.

* = some form customizations can only be configured by editing the views options, ex: column order (virtual columns for headers, etc).

thank you for your time, and the great product,   
~TG-Techie

Aside: If it would be helpful to discuss this in a separate post, or I misinterpreted the initial post, or was unclear, please let me know!