Not enough contrast between populated values and placeholder values

It’s really hard to tell the difference between the placeholder values and actual input values:

7 5 259
5 REPLIES 5

Totally agree.

Also not enough contrast between the placeholder values and a non-editable value. This one got me the other day I could not for the life of me figure out why a column value wasn’t editable, but oh wait, it was editable the entire time, the color was just off.

I echor the same.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

@Steve in agreement here. We’re doing some typography refinements, and I’d like to revisit this.

In addition to the contrast issue for placeholder, currently, 0 is placed as placefolder for number type by default. Once the new form is opened, 100% of users will believe that 0 as value is already placed into that field. So current “0” placefolder is just giving the users confusions. Placeholder should “guide” user well.
Better that we , app creators, could have more options to control the placeholder strings as well.
For number type fields, we better to pass more meaningful strings, such as “Please enter your current age” or “Please enter todays body temp” etc, based on the app use cases.

Cheers.

Top Labels in this Space