Now that I have created security filters/slic...

Now that I have created security filters/slicing of my original dataset, I would like to as a manager have access to all data rows.

How do I do this? I create a separate data table with name and email addresses of our managers, then I entered “OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]),USEREMAIL()=[Email])” in the security filter area, but that doesn’t work. I’m not sure how to do this now.

0 6 361
6 REPLIES 6

If Managers is a table, you need to use SELECT (Managers[Email], TRUE) in the IN (…) instead of Managers[Email]

Your original formula should work. What is the error message or what is the reason you think it won’t work?

@Aleksi_Alkio this is the error I get “Table ‘Managers’ has an invalid security filter ‘=OR(IN(USEREMAIL(),Managers[Email]),USEREMAIL()=[Email])’. The filter expression cannot reference the table being filtered.”

Managers is the name of my table with just name and email address.

I guess I’m not understanding how this table which is not linked to my original datafile knows to reference my original datafile with rows of data that I have assigned to other folks. ??

I created my managers table and put this security filter in it. ??

Ok, I think I figured out the issue. I was putting this security filter IN my managers table which didn’t make sense. I needed to put it in conjunction with my other filter in my original data file. It seems to work now.

Yes, that’s correct

Top Labels in this Space