Number Slider Issue - I had users report th...

Number Slider Issue -

I had users report that the slider defaulted back to 1 (on a scale 1 to 5, interval 1) when they clicked save.

I thought this could have been an issue with the initial value being set to 1. So, I changed it to not have an initial value.

This resulted in the sliders defaulting back to โ€˜?โ€™ after the user clicked saved. Which then stopped the save as the fields were required.

I was not able to replicate the problem on the in-editor emulator!

As a result of the issue, I have returned to the standard number input format. Any suggestions to try?

0 8 558
8 REPLIES 8

When you had the 1 as an initial value, could the user see just the question mark when they opened the form?

When the initial value was set to 1, it showed as 1.

The user then tried to make a change, upon clicking save, it defaulted back to 1

It should not do that. It should keep itโ€™s value. Are you able to take a video about it?

This is happening in one of my apps too. Clicking SAVE will reset some of the range sliders to โ€˜?โ€™ but not all of them.

All of the columns being reset are of type number, with no initial value. They are all set to Editable=Y, and Required=Y. None of the column are using the Reset on Edit feature. The columns are just resetting on their own when clicking SAVE.

Iโ€™m afraid not. It was a user that reported the issue. I was not able to replicate the issue in the emulator. I had to change the number input to Standard as the app is used daily and could not leave the issue outstanding.

• Later today, Iโ€™m going to duplicate the app into prototype, use it on my own device and see if I can replicate the problem. If i can, iโ€™ll screen record and share it here

Okayโ€ฆ thanks

@Aleksi_Alkio Copied the app into prototype, downloaded on my own device. Not able to replicate the issue.

Perhaps it was user device specific. (After all, I did only get the complaint from one user!).

Feedback from my users say they prefer the +/- option compared to the ranger slider anyway! Iโ€™m sticking with it for now.

Okay

Top Labels in this Space