Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Since I was updated to the new editor more than 30 hours ago, I keep seeing the error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

I was regenerating a table, when the update was rolled out.

Whenever I try to regenerate a table, I stop seeing the option to edit its columns or view its data.

I have managed to restore the app to an old working version, but

1. Changes in App expressions don’t work in the app
  2. Formatting rules work without any issues

Even if the app(old version) works, the error is still displayed in the editor - “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

0 25 3,248
25 REPLIES 25

the new update should’ve only affected visual on the editor from what I’ve seen posted.
Recommend contacting support@appsheet.com don’t think I’ve ever see that error persist in the editor. If I had it, a refresh of my window would remove it.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Definitely contact support@appsheet.com. You can also try switching back to the old interface by adding &new=0 to the app editor URL after the ? but before the #:

https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=...&new=0#...

I had already raised the issued yesterday, but still no progress.

The issue is only affecting one of my apps. When I regenerate a table in a different app, everything works as usual.

@Steve Kindly check when this issue will be resolved. It has been over 4 days, and still same bug in the editor

Have you contacted support@appsheet.com?

yes, multiple times

We have found and fixed the problem.
​We plan to deploy the fix today Oct 1, 2020 at about 1:00 PM Seattle time.

Now all my app with that error message is showing NO ERROR!

Thank you Phil-san for finding and releasing a fix to this.

Thanks Koichi-san, Praveen deserves the credit.

I have same problem showing error “object reference not set to an instance of an object” whenever i try to edit or add data to specific table…i have already contacted support team of the appsheet…but still no progress…if anyone knows the solution…please help me out…i am delaying my work here

A possible attempted solution is deleting the table and re-adding it.

I am unable to find your support ticket. Please contact support@appsheet.com again for help with this.

I am finding this issue aswell with the “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

I know it happens when i try to create a process in the new automation tab and assign it to an action. The only way i can get around it is by deleting the process.

The question is, does anyone know why it would be happening to the processes?

Regards,
Ben

This always indicates an internal problem. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Ok thanks Steve

I have the same problem here.  I get the message “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” I try to go back to an alder version but I always get the same message error “Object reference not set to an instance of an object.”

Can someone please help me with this

Thanks in advance

is this happening to somebody else?

I contact the support...they try to fix this with no avail... it's now escalating...  I don't know if you have any clues on this @Steve

Im having the same problem with 3 apps. I tried deleting the tables and re-adding them, going back to previus versions but isnt working. I dont know wich table/s have the problems because isnt specified in the warning "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

Can someone help us here... right we can't do any PDF (bots).... our app rely on this on daily basis...

Please can somone help!!

@Phil Can you help me on this?... I know i'm droping names... but I'm out of ressources... and we really need this to be fix...

Thanks in advance...

Hi @EtienneGrenier ,

Im trying making the app from scratch. It´s working so far, i´ll let you know if all the bots are working when im done.

Hi @EtienneGrenier, I´ve just finished making the app. All the bots are working fine and it doesnt show the error. I used the same tables of google sheets, you only need to make a new app, if you copy your actual app you will see the same error.
 It takes some time, but i hope it helps you!

Hi @GonzaloEspina,

As my app was all working fine except for the some bots (PDF)... I dig into the bots...

... I made a copy of my app ...and I try to delete the bots that was not working... after deleting all the bots in question... the error messag disappear...

So i went on and made again a copy of the app... and this time, I delete the bots one by one to find wich one was the problem....

I find out .. that there was not a specific bot... I made several copy of the app... and in some case deleting some bot make the error disappaear... and some other case... deleting different bots and keeping those deleted in other case...made also the error message disappear...?!?!...

In conclusion I didn't have to redo the app from scratch... just redoing the bts works in my case...

Is weird... cause I didn't change anyhting in the bots...I made no change in the template googl doc... ?!... 
I really don't understand waht happened....

And nobody knows either... as I contact support... and they gave y this answer....

"

This is to inform you that it seems that the issue is due to the large numbers of records in the table or that there is a discrepancy between the table and the datasource schema.

Please regenerate all the tables and try to apply the following security filter expression [_Rownumber]<200 for all the tables that contain large numbers of records."

...wich I try and didn't work ...the error message was still there....

I don't if somebody can explain what as happened...

Hope this does not happen to somebody else... it's really frustrating....

I'm reporting that I had the same symptom all of a sudden, but I was able to resolve it.

In my case, the error was displayed, but there seemed to be no problem with editor operation or application operation.

assumption

I was in the process of migrating from the INPUT function to [_INPUT] and encountered an error.

I completed setting up an action using [_INPUT] and was trying to call and execute that action from robot's process.

In conclusion, the cause of the error was that the input value that should have been set in the "run a data action" using [_INPUT], which was discussed on the assumption that it was being called in Robot, was not set.

I set the input value and the error was resolved.

It may not have much to do with the thread here, but I'll share it just in case.

Top Labels in this Space